Headlamp

I'm using the Petzl Nao for night running and am extremely impressed -it adjusts the beam by measuring light that is reflected back. Walk behind a hunting buddy or look at a map and it's a flood light, jump up front and it's a beam with 300+ lumens. Gonna use it hunting this coming fall.

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I've got a Petzl Tikka 2 XP and a Princeton Tech Eos. Between the two I'd take the PT because it's waterproof and brighter.

I really want to try one of the zebralights though. Ed T uses one and that's good enough for me. That dude knows his stuff.

dotman

WKR
I've got a Petzl Tikka 2 XP and a Princeton Tech Eos. Between the two I'd take the PT because it's waterproof and brighter.

I really want to try one of the zebralights though. Ed T uses one and that's good enough for me. That dude knows his stuff.

Knowing you are a gear nut and always looking to improve I have a feeling you'll get one before next season :)

mtnkid85

WKR
Im another user of Zebra lights. I also run the H600 and have been impressed with it. I think Ill also be picking up the H51 just to try it out. Zebralight clearly is leading the pack in terms of there electronics, they are using the most up to date leds, effecient controls and are capable of running all battery types.

Ive used my H600 for several 4-5 day trips, with just the usual around camp type of usage. And Ive used it on a few 24-48hr constant use trips with lots of med 1 and High brightness settings. Also lots of 8-14hr caving trips. Never had to change the battery in the field.
The Zebras at first take a little getting used to, to become comfortable with there operation, but once you figure it out it becomes really easy to cycle through all the different brightness levels which I find really boosts your run time as I can constantly adjust my light output to exactly what I need.

Needless to say, I also recommend the Zebra lights!

I will stick with my little Petzl. It has a red lens for those low light needed conditions and it runs on the same AAA batteries my Garmin Foretrex does.

slim9300

WKR
Looking to pick one of these up http://www.zebralight.com/H600w-XM-L-18650-Headlamp-Neutral-White-and-ZL631-Combo_p_82.html

Do they come with a charger?

If not where do i get one i don't see it as an accessory.

They do not. You are going to want to buy the 18650 battery from Zebralight to simplify things and since they don't sell a charger yet, you will forced to go elsewhere for that. The one thing you don't want to skimp on with these headlamps/flashlights using 16850 batteries are the batteries themselves and the charger. Cheap items can very easily equal small bomb. Not good.

Get this charger and you will have something safe yet affordable. (WP2 model)

http://www.illuminationgear.com/14343.html

Craig4791

WKR
Right on, thanks slim.

How many of the 16850 batteries do you have on you usually.

I seem to always be hiking back to camp in the dark so I might need a few.

slim9300

WKR
Right on, thanks slim.

How many of the 16850 batteries do you have on you usually.

I seem to always be hiking back to camp in the dark so I might need a few.

I carry one extra battery on any hunt.

On a long backpack hunt I like to take a small backup headlamp too for around camp use and emergencies. I have the H502d for that purpose. It runs on one AA and is still amazingly bright.