Heads Up Decoy for High Country Mule Deer

Anyone used a bow mounted decoy for high country mule deer? Seems like it could buy yourself an extra two or three seconds to settle in and shoot when a big velvet buck stands up from his bed.

But... I don't have any experience with it, and I don't hear much about the idea. Who's done it? Good, or bad experiences?

OLE1021

FNG
I MESSED AROUND WITH ONE FOR ELK A COUPLE YEARS AGO. IT DID ACTUALLY WORK ON A COUPLE COWS.
I BET IT WOULD HELP WITH A MULE DEER TOO. IF YOU DO IT KEEP US POSTED, MIGHT BE A FUN DEAL

Emscott

FNG
Planning on using one in South Dakota this year. Like you said a few extra seconds may help a lot.

JamesD

FNG
Never tried one, but would be interested in trying, 1-3 seconds is a lifetime at full draw.

maxp

FNG
I have one i use somewhat in Southern alberta...its works well during pre rut and rut but bucks do not seem to want to associate with does in September...I basically won't get it out till after Oct 15 due to the bucks that have spooked from it earlier in the year...during the rut they will come aways to check it out

OP
Trumpkin The Dwarf
I have one i use somewhat in Southern alberta...its works well during pre rut and rut but bucks do not seem to want to associate with does in September...I basically won't get it out till after Oct 15 due to the bucks that have spooked from it earlier in the year...during the rut they will come aways to check it out
That's exactly what I needed to know! Thanks for chiming in.

THA

FNG
Use one for archery hunting plains whitetails. They work. Not every time, but most of the time.