Help me buy a Swaro Spotter

treillw

WKR
Think I'm going to take the plunge and buy a Swarovski spotting scope. I will probably start off with the ATS 65 for backpack hunting with aspirations of eventually buying the 95mm objective for less strenuous activities.

What is the best price you have seen on the ATS 65 new? What is a great price used? Suggestions on where to purchase it from? Any ways to stack up discounts? I won't buy something unless it's a great deal.

Thanks!

gledeasy

Lil-Rokslider
I bought my ats 65 hd used a number of years back for 1,500. They still pop up around that price but a good range would be 15-1700. Non hd I would say the 12-1300 range. Now new I'm not sure. I've bought stuff from camera land ny a number of times. Doug and Neil have always been great to work with.

tbone131

Lil-Rokslider
Think I'm going to take the plunge and buy a Swarovski spotting scope. I will probably start off with the ATS 65 for backpack hunting with aspirations of eventually buying the 95mm objective for less strenuous activities.

What is the best price you have seen on the ATS 65 new? What is a great price used? Suggestions on where to purchase it from? Any ways to stack up discounts? I won't buy something unless it's a great deal.

Thanks!

Call Doug at Cameraland. I bought an Ats 80 hd from him in the fall for much less than Msrp.

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
I got my sts65hd last year and it’s a great lightweight spotter. Good magnification range, eye relief, clarity and weight. As stated above you can find them around the 1700 range. If I could only have one spotter for everything it might just be the ticket.
The X series might be a little better optically with field flatterers and new coatings but it comes at a weight penalty. Ive looked through both the sts65hd and the stx65hd while hunting and while the x series might be a little better optically it comes at a weight penalty. Both are great glass. If you think you want/need a 95mm objective to go with it then the x series has the modularity to do it. But remember I believe the 65mm x series weighs more than the 80mm s series, although some say they prefer the 65 x over the 80 s optically. Bottom line they are both great!! Just depends on what you’re looking for!

I think your making a good choice!

I think the best bang for your buck is used. Especially if you already have plans to upgrade. I have bought multiple Swarovski Binoculars and Spotting Scopes used, ran them for years, never any trouble, and never lost a dollar of value.

I think the first 85mm ATS Swarovski I bought around 10 years ago, I paid $1400 used, ran it, a lot, sold it in the blink of an eye for more than I bought it for years later. That scope is probably worth even more now.

I think it’s the most underrated part of the Swarovski name. They just flat hold value, when a lot of your mid-range optics lose value.

Best investment you can make 😂😂👍

sneaky

"DADDY"
I think your making a good choice!

I think the best bang for your buck is used. Especially if you already have plans to upgrade. I have bought multiple Swarovski Binoculars and Spotting Scopes used, ran them for years, never any trouble, and never lost a dollar of value.

I think the first 85mm ATS Swarovski I bought around 10 years ago, I paid $1400 used, ran it, a lot, sold it in the blink of an eye for more than I bought it for years later. That scope is probably worth even more now.

I think it’s the most underrated part of the Swarovski name. They just flat hold value, when a lot of your mid-range optics lose value.

Best investment you can make
You still take grainy video. Upgrade your phone

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jardo

WKR
Redhawk rifles has demo ATX. Keep an eye on them and you could see the ats come up on clear.

Also - if you go in for the big spotter, you’ll be happier with the Kowa. Mine is definitely better than the Swarovski and it was cheaper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shrek

WKR
If you need another reason to go Swarovski the service is it. My non Swarovski scope cover will sometimes pull the rubber eye guard off the scope as you take it out. It got lost this fall and one of the latches on the objective cover also broke. No t a big deal but... This past Sunday I sent Swarovski an email about the two parts and Monday I got an email back saying they were sending new parts and yesterday they arrived. They also helped me out when I destroyed a scope. Entirely my fault and not a warranty issue. They didn’t give me a free scope and I didn’t expect one but they sure helped me out on replacing it. They stand behind their products with prompt service and great communication.

aron

WKR
What exactly would that package look like?

The atx system was designed as a modular system. You can buy an angled or straight eyepiece and then add different objective size lenses. In your case buy the eye piece and a 65mm objective. When you are wanting to get the 90mm you would just get a new objective lens. It is more expensive up front but you are also getting higher quality optics. The ATS series also only comes in a 65mm or 80mm objective, you need the ATX series for the big 95.

Buying new, a ATS 65mm with the 25-50x wide angle lens will run you about $2200 and the ATX series is about $3k with the most expensive part being the eyepiece which you would need to buy either way when going to the 95mm.