Help me catch this rat!

OP

3forks

WKR
I hope you have a taxidermist in mind. This beast deserves a spot on the mantel.
Agreed, and I have given some thought as to what I should do if I catch this rat.

My regular taxidermist does great work, and I’m thinking I’d like to incorporate whatever trap I catch this rat with in some kind of pose right before the rat made his final mistake.

OP

3forks

WKR
Trail Cameras are a must at this point. I'm guessing we have other members close to you that would be glad to assist- provide some free scouting. Have you considered using a guide? I hear they really increase success rates.
It’s so close to hunting season that I don’t want to interrupt anybody’s preparations for their hunts. Also, guides are booked solid which is why I’ve had to do this on my own.

Laramie

WKR
Meanwhile under your deck...
meta GIF

Jbxl20

WKR
No pressure OP, but some of us have high expectations of dead rat pics in the am.

Or you leading a string of pack rats with elk quarters.
Don’t forget to post the size and weight

sndmn11

WKR
I've got four trail cams that have been in test status for several months in our backyard. I'd love for them to catch something more while than my demon spawn, wirehaired non-pointing griffon, and lovely @KickinNDishin

Where do you live @3forks

OP

3forks

WKR
I am 100% serious: I’ll throw in $20 for taxidermy of this ****** when you get him. All I ask for in return is a story and a picture.
Haha! That’s a generous offer, but not necessary. However, I do feel I need to somehow memorialize this effort and pay tribute to this critter, but I’m not sure what I should do.

OP

3forks

WKR
No pressure OP, but some of us have high expectations of dead rat pics in the am.

Or you leading a string of pack rats with elk quarters.
I just got back from shooting my bow at the archery range, and checked my sets. While I was at the range, I debated setting the Victors, but think I’ll hold off another day or two to ensure this rat feels plenty safe around them.

I’ve got to play the long game and not get too impatient.

I‘d love to be able to report back in the morning that I caught this rat, but am relying on the conibear sets tonight, so I may come up empty again.

Capn

FNG
Good luck tonight! I'd be taking the pellet gun approach with an all-nighter.

OP

3forks

WKR
I've got four trail cams that have been in test status for several months in our backyard. I'd love for them to catch something more while than my demon spawn, wirehaired non-pointing griffon, and lovely @KickinNDishin

Where do you live @3forks
I’m in Wheat Ridge.

I’ve got my trail cams loaned out to a buddy, but I think I’m going to get a camera that’s designed to monitor your pet. The camera streams in 1080p HD video, has 110° wide-angle view, has night vision, and can alert you to movement, so it seems about ideal to monitor this rat. I intend to strap it to my toddler and have her crawl under the deck, as I’m too big to get under there but she’s just about the right size. I’m having difficulty finding an aftermarket harness for my kid to wear that I can attach the camera too, but I’ll figure something out and will get some pics and vid of this rat up ASAP.

sndmn11

WKR
I’m in Wheat Ridge.

I’ve got my trail cams loaned out to a buddy, but I think I’m going to get a camera that’s designed to monitor your pet. The camera streams in 1080p HD video, has 110° wide-angle view, has night vision, and can alert you to movement, so it seems about ideal to monitor this rat. I intend to strap it to my toddler and have her crawl under the deck, as I’m too big to get under there but she’s just about the right size. I’m having difficulty finding an aftermarket harness for my kid to wear that I can attach the camera too, but I’ll figure something out and will get some pics and vid of this rat up ASAP.
I am in Morrison, let's make this happen.