How to catch an untrapable mouse.

grfox92

WKR
We have a mouse in the house. We have had mice before. I know how to catch mice. I have waged war and slaughtered them. This mouse is different. He is untrapable.

He only shows evidence in our master bathroom. Poop and pee stains on the white tile floor. One minute there will be a clean floor. 2 minutes later there will be poop on the floor, broad daylight while everyone is home.

One time I was pinching one off, and when I was done I stood up to wash my hands and there was mouse poop right behind where my feet would have been while I was pooping. That mouse poop wasn't there before I sat down to poop. Now, it's getting personal.

I've put as many as 10 glue traps scattered across the bathroom floor overnight, only to wake up to mouse poop in between the traps.

I've set classic mouse traps with everything from peanutbutter, to cheese, to cookies, to Oatmeal. He will poop right next to the traps and not touch them.

I have a live trap with food in it. He won't go in.

I have a cat, that kills mice. I don't even think she knows this one exists.

Please help.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Tod osier

WKR
I'd teach it to like some sort of food and go from there. If you can get it to eat peanut butter or sunflower seeds (or seeds stuck to peanut butter) not associated with a trap, you can transition it to feeding in a trap and then to the trap trigger. For sneaky mice that are hard to trap the wire mesh Chinese traps with spring loaded lid off Amazon work really well, there are several brands, but can be adjusted to a very light trigger, put a weight on them to dampen any rocking or rattle.

Last edited:

BFR

WKR
What you have is an obvious Poltergeist Mouse. You know who to call……GHOSTBUSTERS!
Sorry 😣 couldn’t help myself.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
I have had poor luck with most glue traps. The only that is worth a damned are these:

I also put a dab of bait in the middle. What I use is a product called "Provoke":

If using the standard Victor snap traps, or others, try mixing up your bait by using some meat. Small slivers of bacon is dynamite, as is baloney, fatty beef scraps, etc. Good luck.

Mojave

WKR
Take 5 or 6 big glue traps and stick them together to make a huge area. Put a glob on the middle of the glue trap. You can also use a pheramone typ attractant. Ask Home Depot for help with this.

Set up a game camera on the trap and see what the thing is doing.

Try some bird seed too. Nice are naturally seed eaters and some don’t care too much for regular baits

TaperPin

WKR
We had a small mouse like that - too small to set off traps - he was stuck to a sticky trap but his super fine hair pulled out and he got away. Literally had to live with that turd until he was big enough to set off the trap. Then I saw an electronic trap and picked one up - haven’t used it yet - mice seem to like the exposed normal traps and never make it to the fancy trap. lol