Help Me Pick a 7MM-08

BCD

WKR
I would like one with a barrel around 22 inches, synthetic stock (preferably camo), cerakote finish, removable magazine, somewhat lightweight, around $1200 or less. My top choices at the moment are the Sauer 100 and Browning Xbolt. I'm not a Tikka fan and would never own one. Any suggestions other than the two I'm already looking at?

Thank You!

TN2shot07

WKR
It sounds like you pretty much described the xbolt. The best shooting one I own right now is a model seven but it doesn’t check the detachable magazine box for you. A Kimber is next on my list

Too bad the x bolt hells canyon speed is no longer chambered in 7/08. That would fit the bill nicely. Maybe a slightly used one will show up on g.i. or g.a, or similar sights. They are available in creed, 308, 270 etc however. Ive had several xbolts. They shot great, felt good shouldered, but didnt feed well. Even trying different magazines didnt help. Kind of a shame.

I have a rem 700, a savage 112 and a Tikka t3x compact. All 7mm-08. I like all of them but the Tikka is my favorite. I have looked at the Xbolts and they are a real nice looking gun, but I have no experience shooting one.

There is the Kimber hunter if the plastic trigger guard doesnt make you puke. Ive owned Kimbers, but not a hunter model.

stevea

FNG
First time hearing someone doesnt like the exceptional accuracy of a Tikka.
I own 5 with no issues...great triggers.
2 Have McMillans....
Never took the Kimber gamble...but I might if I found a 7-08.

The 3 Kimbers I've owned were excellent. Feed, fire, extract and eject with never a hiccup ever. All shot around an inch with accubonds or partitions, I cant shoot better than that anyway under field conditions. They are great to carry, and I love looking at my pet 270 classic select while glassing on cold, frozen mornings. YMMV, but thats my experience with them.

Lou270

Lil-Rokslider
I would vote xbolt. I bought my first ever xbolt - a 6.8W speed SR and it has been outstanding. I am going to pling some plates tomorrow or next day and shot a couple of groups with 165 ablr today to confirm zero and both 1/2 moa. Anyway, gun has been a shooter and honestly the xbolt was never something I considered in past and bought this one to run a can. I would definitely buy another. I did replace the trigger spring with mcarbo. I saw the new xbolt ii models have a new trigger so may be ok out of box - don’t know

Lou

KenLee

WKR
Too bad the x bolt hells canyon speed is no longer chambered in 7/08. That would fit the bill nicely. Maybe a slightly used one will show up on g.i. or g.a, or similar sights. They are available in creed, 308, 270 etc however. Ive had several xbolts. They shot great, felt good shouldered, but didnt feed well. Even trying different magazines didnt help. Kind of a shame.
X-bolts don't feed well?
I've owned a couple dozen and never had a feeding problem.

If you aren't going to get a Tikka, then the X-Bolt is is my recommendation of the two you posted.

Thats good to hear, nice rifles should function properly. Mine were frusterating, so I gave up on them. And, I like Browning products, not a hater by any means.