Help me pick out a pack.

jeremyks

Lil-Rokslider
Im currently using an Outdoorsmans Optic pack as my day pack. I would like to find something that is lighter. I like the way the outdoorsmans pack is setup. I like the two outside sleeves for my spotter and tripod.

New pack needs some kind of similar setup so I can have quick and easy access to my Swaro 95 spotter and tripod. Also need enough room for my 15s.

If there wasn't a budget what would everybody buy?

Rucker61

WKR
Im currently using an Outdoorsmans Optic pack as my day pack. I would like to find something that is lighter. I like the way the outdoorsmans pack is setup. I like the two outside sleeves for my spotter and tripod.

New pack needs some kind of similar setup so I can have quick and easy access to my Swaro 95 spotter and tripod. Also need enough room for my 15s.

If there wasn't a budget what would everybody buy?

No budget? A Sherpa. Otherwise plenty of good choices.

dunner543

Lil-Rokslider
Is this a day hunting pack or just a scouting pack?
Sounds like a Kifaru nomad might offer what you are looking for. 2 big tubes and endless possibilities to expand if needed. Throw that on one of the UL duplex frames and you're good to go. Another option could be the Tahr bag with some spotter pockets.

Bmcox86

WKR
Sounds like an Exo 3500 is exactly what your looking for, light, has the two side pockets for spotter and tripod and plenty of room inside for the rest of your stuff. Can easily haul meat between the bag and frame also.

I pack in to the vast majority of places I hunt, even for pigs. So I want the volume to hold my gear, food; and meat when I am successful (I bone out my animals). I went with the Stone Glacier Sky Archer, a 6200ci bag with a meat shelf. It compresses down to nothing, so it is easy to pack in, set up camp, and use it as a day pack, and more importantly, still be able to shoot well while wearing it, or pull the pack off and use it as a shooting platform. Even with a light load, it is exceedingly more comfortable than and internal frame pack of any size that I have used, And like many, I went through a bunch. If I were to buy another pack, it would be another Stone Glacier, but likely the Sky Talus; it comes with side pockets that will fit your Swaro 95. Considering how much weight my pack will carry in utter comfort, I can not imagine going back to an internal frame pack, day pack, or anything without an external frame; and to top if off, the pack weighs under 5 pounds, less than many day packs. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the high end external frame packs, such as EXO, Kuiu Kifaru... And most make ultra-light packs in a variety of cubic inches, that will meet your needs well.