Help please!

BCBowtech

Lil-Rokslider
So Ive decided that I dont have enough faith in my Tenzing TZ6000 for a 14 day Stone Sheep hunt in northern BC. Im trying to decide between the Stone Glacier Sky Archer 6200 and the Mystery Ranch Marshall.

Im just not sure what the quality is like now that MR is made outside of the USA.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kotaman

WKR
I have/had the Marshal, the SG 5900, the SG 6900 (Talus) and the SG 7400. Also have the Kifaru Fulcrum on the new Ultra Lite hunter frame.

The Marshal is over built and fairly heavy. I’ve used mine on a couple moose hunts and am using it again for an AK moose hunt next week. My SG’s are reserved for extreme mountain hunts (sheep and goats). The Marshal and Fulcrum are beasts of packs. The SG’s are “finesse” packs for me. They’re super light and carry a load fairly comfortable.

For a sheep hunt, and general use, I’d go SG every time.

Stid2677

WKR
I have/had the Marshal, the SG 5900, the SG 6900 (Talus) and the SG 7400. Also have the Kifaru Fulcrum on the new Ultra Lite hunter frame.

The Marshal is over built and fairly heavy. I’ve used mine on a couple moose hunts and am using it again for an AK moose hunt next week. My SG’s are reserved for extreme mountain hunts (sheep and goats). The Marshal and Fulcrum are beasts of packs. The SG’s are “finesse” packs for me. They’re super light and carry a load fairly comfortable.

For a sheep hunt, and general use, I’d go SG every time.

I totally agree.

cocky84

WKR
I have the Marshall. Just got back from alaska and packed out 2 caribou and a bear. I agree with the ablove post but cannot comment about other packs. It carrys heavy load very well and stable. It has a shitload of straps so when its unloaded and using as a daypack after camp is setup it is kind of annoying. It is a heavier pack. Overall i would recommend it though.

OP
BCBowtech

BCBowtech

Lil-Rokslider
I have definately been leaning towards the SG.. I also hear they have excellent customer service.

Its hard to make a decision on a pack when you cant test them in person to see the fitment.

sr80

WKR
quality of the MR packs is just as good as the usa one. People are too hung up on this i find. SG's customer service is better though, and they'll be more willing to help you get their pack to work for you if you have issues. Id go SG

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
So Ive decided that I dont have enough faith in my Tenzing TZ6000 for a 14 day Stone Sheep hunt in northern BC. Im trying to decide between the Stone Glacier Sky Archer 6200 and the Mystery Ranch Marshall.

Im just not sure what the quality is like now that MR is made outside of the USA.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Stone Glacier is going to be a minimalist pack, but they are highly modular if you need more. They also have a built in load shelf rated for 150+ pounds. The packs are taller and more narrow then Mystery Ranch which helps spreads the weight closer to your back and more evenly. Several us in the store here used to use Mystery Ranch and they make good packs, but from extensive field testing, the Stone Glacier packs simply ride nicer and provide greater comfort.

In this case the Stone Glacier Sky Archer 6200 is nearly 2 lbs lighter.

I would be happy to answer any other questions you have, I have a lot of experience with both brands.