Feedback on Preferred Barrel Hybrid Lite for Tikka T3x Lite

Not sure how long it takes after it goes in production. I got the email 2 weeks ago on the 7th.
When did you place your order. I put mine in on Feb 2. They said 12-16 weeks but I’m hoping it’s not that long. I figure some time in May I should be getting it

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Not sure how long it takes after it goes in production. I got the email 2 weeks ago on the 7th.
I have a Black Friday sale order so they had a bigger backlog from that I am sure but my timeline was the into production email, then 2 weeks for nearing completion email then 2 more weeks till it shipped. IE one month after than production email. I did have mine lapped though so dunno what affect that may have had in the timeframe.

I have a Black Friday sale order so they had a bigger backlog from that I am sure but my timeline was the into production email, then 2 weeks for nearing completion email then 2 more weeks till it shipped. IE one month after than production email. I did have mine lapped though so dunno what affect that may have had in the timeframe.
Yeah mines lapped as well

TheViking

WKR
Ordered - 11/23
Entered Production - 1/15
Nearing Completion - 2/1
I had it in hand the end of the following week ending 2/9 and it was lapped

TX_Diver

WKR
Question everything.

Ok. There are basically three ideas being discussed simultaneously without clarity.

1). Thread barrel some nominal pitch and then use a full adapter to bring it to 5/8

2). Thread barrel some nominal pitch, then out a pretty looking adaptor over that that looks integral to the barrel and has a pretty collar.

3). Thread barrel 5/8, and just put a collar behind the threads- what you are talking about.

#1 and #2 are identical #2 just looks better, and I guess that’s why people think it’s better- it’s not; it’s the same as any normal $25 thread adapter.

#3 is different, sort of. Yes it’s only the “shoulder” for the can to stop on, but it’s still threaded on and must be aligned correctly with the bore.

The answer to this question is- give it to a competent smith, tell him you want the barrel “x” length, and you need to use a 5/8x24 thread suppressor. They will do it correctly- regardless of which method. Don’t overthink it- it doesn’t matter. Kampfield, shooter71 on here, Unknown Munitions- they all know what they are doing.
@Formidilosus

Going to use an adapter to get from 1/2"-28 to 5/8"-24 on a t3x superlite. I remember you posting you just get cheap ones from amazon but can't find that post now. This one seems to have the most sold with minimal negative reviews. https://www.ebay.com/itm/143767738213

Do I need a crush washer or not? Looks like 50% of them come with crush washers and 50% don't. Do you use loctite between the adapter and the barrel? None between adapter and can?

I'm assuming just check alignment with a cleaning rod or something after install and make sure all is good?

Thanks!

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
@Formidilosus

Going to use an adapter to get from 1/2"-28 to 5/8"-24 on a t3x superlite. I remember you posting you just get cheap ones from amazon but can't find that post now. This one seems to have the most sold with minimal negative reviews. https://www.ebay.com/itm/143767738213

That looks fine to me.

Do I need a crush washer or not? Looks like 50% of them come with crush washers and 50% don't. Do you use loctite between the adapter and the barrel? None between adapter and can?

No crush washer, and Rokset the adapter on. None on the can.

I'm assuming just check alignment with a cleaning rod or something after install and make sure all is good?

Thanks!

Correct.

Gila

WKR
It’s funny we talked about this, I got an email today saying my barrel was entering production. Maybe by the end of April I’ll have it.
Once it is in production it won’t take long. My barrel took about 12 weeks. I just have a standard lite as I don’t intend to thread the muzzle. However they couldn’t do the flutes. McGowen was able to flute a standard lite contour though and that prefit was about $75 cheaper. I didn’t have to wait for the McGowen prefit as it was on the shelf. I am going to break in the PBB barrel with 107 SMK as that ammo is the cheapest I could Find.

Once it is in production it won’t take long. My barrel took about 12 weeks. I just have a standard lite as I don’t intend to thread the muzzle. However they couldn’t do the flutes. McGowen was able to flute a standard lite contour though and that prefit was about $75 cheaper. I didn’t have to wait for the McGowen prefit as it was on the shelf. I am going to break in the PBB barrel with 107 SMK as that ammo is the cheapest I could Find.
I think any day I’ll have tracking that it’s headed to me.

I’m debating on a McGowen now to replace my 223 barrel. It doesn’t shoot that great, and I wanted a threaded barrel to run a suppressor when I get thru that process. For the $125-$150 it’ll cost me to thread one, that’ll go a long ways on just replacing the barrel I have.

Gila

WKR
I received the PBB 6 Creed barrel last week. Going to take it up to the gunsmith next week and have him spin it on. There isn’t a barrel stamp. They etch the caliber and twist on the muzzle end which i am not too crazy about. I wanted a 11 deg. crown like the Tikka barrels have but it came with a recessed crown. As long as it shoots.

Last edited:
I think any day I’ll have tracking that it’s headed to me.

I’m debating on a McGowen now to replace my 223 barrel. It doesn’t shoot that great, and I wanted a threaded barrel to run a suppressor when I get thru that process. For the $125-$150 it’ll cost me to thread one, that’ll go a long ways on just replacing the barrel I have.
My mcgowen I ordered in February arrived in march while my preferred I ordered in January is still in production. If it shoots as well as the preferred I’ll definitely be getting more.
I am surprised that there isn't more competition from barrel sellers around light barrel contours for using a suppressor.
I used PBBs spec to order a custom contour from Mcgowan and it was still $110 cheaper than PBB. We’ll see how it turns out.