High quality leather boots for whitetail

scfreeman66

Lil-Rokslider
I hunt primary Western PA. I bought Kenetrek Mountain Extreme 400g for backpack trips out west. For those situations, they just excel for me.
I have stand hunted whitetail at home with them but they really are not ideal. The boots fit snug and that isn't the best for tree stand situations where you won't be walking to stay warm. My feet get cold in them anything over 2hrs of sitting still below 40°. I still wear them here where I know that I'll be walking several miles in and out and possibly packing out an animal. For stand situations, I use uninsulated Keen leather boots and boot blankets when it's cold. I find that the Keens fit a little sloppy all over and that helps keep the circulation going and in turn, staying warmer. They are comfortable and fine walking around in.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

wildmed

FNG
I use kenetrek mountain extreme 400s with gaiters over the top. They are good by themselves for early to mid season in MN and WI (down to about 30 degrees). For colder than that, I wear them in to the tree with just the boots and gaiters, to keep my feet from sweating. Then once I'm at the tree I throw on a pair of overboots called Purple Haze by 40 Below. The overboots are made for guys climbing Denali and Everest, with some chemical warmers inside my boots and those overboots over top I sat for 6 hours without getting cold feet, and it was 8 degrees in the morning walking out and 20 degrees when I walked back to the truck. Those overboots let me extend one pair of quality boots for most of the season. I tend to run warm, but the cold weather I hunt in Minnesota is more than most guys have to deal with (unless you hunt in Canada, that is another level above Minnesota cold). Have not tried this out in negative temps yet, for that I might have to switch back to my ice fishing boots.

I love my Danner Pronghorns. They're very conformable (toe room) and have held up very well....i've ran them to the limits in water, etc. A little heavy for elk hunting IMO. I have 400G and the feet can get cold below 30.

Michael54

WKR
I hunt primary Western PA. I bought Kenetrek Mountain Extreme 400g for backpack trips out west. For those situations, they just excel for me.
I have stand hunted whitetail at home with them but they really are not ideal. The boots fit snug and that isn't the best for tree stand situations where you won't be walking to stay warm. My feet get cold in them anything over 2hrs of sitting still below 40°. I still wear them here where I know that I'll be walking several miles in and out and possibly packing out an animal. For stand situations, I use uninsulated Keen leather boots and boot blankets when it's cold. I find that the Keens fit a little sloppy all over and that helps keep the circulation going and in turn, staying warmer. They are comfortable and fine walking around in.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
Where in western pa? Im in indiana county

Michael54

WKR
Cold weather stand hunting im in my muck wetlands with my alpaca socks on. If my feet start to get cold i fold the tops down to my ankles and let some air circulate in the toebox.