Highcamp reviews

trk3263

WKR
Am I missing it somewhere? I am looking for a video or photo review of the Highcamp and what options everyone is using for a daypack like add ins or just how the pack collapses down and everything.
I am working on making my first Kifaru pack purchase and as most major purchases I research them until I am blue in the face.
I am surprised I can find a video review of just the pack and frame other than the Highcamp vs Stoneglacier review but that is more on durability and comfort than a break down of the pack.

Aron will you be making a video similar to your DT videos you did on the RS video channel?

Thanks

OP
trk3263

trk3263

WKR
Gobbler- Not sure if I should blame you or Rokslide for this obsession!

Cmeier: Thanks for pointing me back that way. I looke and did searches before posting it but I searched for Highcamp as one word rather than two so didn't have any luck but I found them now and will post them below in hopes to help others.

[video=vimeo;56283314]https://vimeo.com/56283314[/video]

It seems like they should add some keywords to these videos so they are easily found for idiots like me. :)

OP
trk3263

trk3263

WKR
[video=vimeo;56179774]https://vimeo.com/56179774[/video]

Sorry it only lets you post one at a times.... I am done now.

Thanks

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
I am going to categorize the videos soon. It's gotten out of control over their.

OP
trk3263

trk3263

WKR
In the one video they have it compressed down but still have a sleeping bag and some other stuff in it. Any chance anyone has a pic of it compressed down all the way like only a true day pack (meat bags, knives, flagging, etc) maybe just a kill kit.

Also if I heard it correctly there is no hydration pocket so what is everyone using to store their bladders and stuff.

I know this is a new pack so obviously everyone is still messing with different setups but maybe you could post what trial and errors have been found with the High Camp.

Thanks

slim9300

WKR
In the one video they have it compressed down but still have a sleeping bag and some other stuff in it. Any chance anyone has a pic of it compressed down all the way like only a true day pack (meat bags, knives, flagging, etc) maybe just a kill kit.

Also if I heard it correctly there is no hydration pocket so what is everyone using to store their bladders and stuff.

I know this is a new pack so obviously everyone is still messing with different setups but maybe you could post what trial and errors have been found with the High Camp.

Thanks

It will look exactly like this (this pack does have gear and even though it's my T1, they pack down to the exact same size).

hy7u8apy.jpg

ubejydup.jpg

The Highcamp is on the right above empty. The straps are not 'on' correctly, btw.

wapitibob

WKR
I spent 2 weeks trying to come up with a day pack bikini combo. I came full circle and just learned how to pack my day hunt gear better in the highcamp bag. Ill add the gen 2 meat bag to the inside and it will do any hunt I want. The only down side is the extra bag mtl which just folds over if you have loaded daycamp gear only.

slim9300

WKR
I spent 2 weeks trying to come up with a day pack bikini combo. I came full circle and just learned how to pack my day hunt gear better in the highcamp bag. Ill add the gen 2 meat bag to the inside and it will do any hunt I want. The only down side is the extra bag mtl which just folds over if you have loaded daycamp gear only.

You will get used to it. I am real happy to have the extra space when it's 'meat time.' :)

OP
trk3263

trk3263

WKR
I like it thanks guys. How is it for circulation on your back? That is one thing I like about my current pack. It has some openings that allow my back to not be soaked in sweat.

Thanks

i know its not from hc experience but my longhunter also has no pockets so i run my spotter and tripod in the hyd. sleeve and just use a TI 'biner to hang my bladder from the common loop. i also have a med KU pullout with a g'hook on the same loop with my possibles...

slim9300

WKR
I like it thanks guys. How is it for circulation on your back? That is one thing I like about my current pack. It has some openings that allow my back to not be soaked in sweat.

I'm not sure. I have never really cared if my back got sweaty when carrying a heavy load. With a typical load of 50 lbs. or less, it's pretty easy to stay cool if you take it easy. I would say this should be the least of your concerns.

OP
trk3263

trk3263

WKR
Yea not concerned about when packing weight I was talking more in the daypack mode. Really isn't a big concern just a thought on keeping comfortable with this hot hunting weather we are having.
I like a pack that I like wearing and not something that every time I stop to glass I think I need to drop the pack just to cool off.