Hoffman, Meindl, Crispi etc. ???'s

bpeay4

FNG
In need of a pair of insulated boots. I am considering:
Crispi Wildrock+ (800g) (previously had the Guides (200g) but got cold feet
Hoffman insulated Hunter (800g)
Meindl Kibo GTX Hunter (600g)
Schnee's Granite (600g)

My main concern is the stiffness of these boots. I am familiar with stiffness of the Wildrock's as they are the same as the Guides and I do not want a boot that is stiffer soled than the Guides.

I have had 400g insulated boots in the past and they have not been warm enough which kind of limits my options here since there are not many heavily insulated boots on the market.

Can anyone attest to the stiffness of these boots or another model I am overlooking. Have not been able to find much on these models.

Thanks.

Hoffman Boots

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
The stiffness of the 800 gram hunter is about right. Firm enough to keep your foot stable on uneven terrain yet flexible in the front of the boot to allow the boot to flex and keep your heel seated. The 800 grams of Thinsulate is great for those cold mornings.

Wildhorse

Lil-Rokslider
I have the double insulated guides as well as the cowboy packers the guides are 800 gram liners my cowboys are felt liners this last year I put over 8 miles in a day on the guides in 4-28 degree weather on a mountain whitetail hunt in eastern Washington half of which was hauling the deer back and my feet were great the whole time there was over 1500 ft of elevation change within a mile steep rocky country then thick buckbrush and finally some open pine forest with a pretty heavy debris bed the boots performed great in situations like that it's a big deal to have a boot that doesnt get to warm so you dont start sweating but still keeps your feet warm these boots always do they outperform all of my other high end pack boots and in my honest opinion are the best boots money can buy I wont gi anywhere else for boots anymore.

Attachments

• 20221112_082621.jpg
    20221112_082621.jpg
    411.5 KB · Views: 13