Homer AK fishing charger recommendations

Anyone have any recommendatinos for charters out of Homer? There's a mind boggling amount to choose from, so I'm hoping to narrow it down to a few. Taking the parent's out this August. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I’d just go for about any smallish boat with no more than one other small group aboard. Steer clear of the big boats that pack on loads of people, all they want to do is get everyone limited out ASAP so they can go out for more. Also consider launching out of Ninilchik. It can be pretty exciting as they shove your boat out into the inlet with a tractor.

grossklw

Lil-Rokslider
My buddy owns and runs Big Butt Charters out of Homer. We go up at least every other year to visit him and his family. Book now, most of the good boats are full for most of summer already. Agree above with going on a smaller boat, he runs a 6-pack. The big outfits generally go target small ones so they can be done and back to the dock.

Bear_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah at this point you probably have to just take whoever has a spot. You could probably find a spot on a 12 pack here or there, but I'd guess all the smaller 6 packs are booked. They're probably even filling up for next year already.

MattB

WKR
Homer Ocean Charters was good to us and they have quite a few options.

OP
S
Thanks for the thoughts everyone. Sounds like I better get on the phone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elk botherer

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the thoughts everyone. Sounds like I better get on the phone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just went through the same process and the first week of August is pretty much booked up everywhere there. If there is just two spots that you’re looking for it might be a little easier. There was a few charters that I was able to dig up that had open seats but it was usually for either a 12 pack or a big party boat. I ended up putting our group of four on a waitlist for a six pack charter that came highly recommended that was already full. A group cancelled right after we called and we got a spot! Good luck!

JLMUELZ

FNG
D&G Charters is pretty awesome. I just booked another trip with them today. I cannot recommend them enough!

ToolMann

WKR
We booked back in December and still couldn't get on the boar we wanted. We'll be going out with Maverick Charters on a 6 pack in August. They came highly recommended so hopefully it is great. Don't know if I'm more excited for that or our day on the river we have booked with Coopers Landing. First time in Alaska for us.

Homer Ocean Charters is great. I went with Sliver Fox Charters back in 2011 and they were fantastic. I don’t know if they are even still in business but the trip was great.

In-2-fishin charters, captain Ron and his boat the “Sweet T”

Great guy and captain, small boat, 6 people max I believe. Have always had great trips when we’ve fished with him when we’ve gone out of Homer over the last dozen years or so.

Ryansven

FNG
We lived up there for a while and TNT will not disappoint. They area great family run operation and you will get to use the tractor launches!

I fish my own boat out of homer amd it's crazy how any charters are down there. If you see a boat called salmonella in the harbor give a wave

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

In-2-fishin charters, captain Ron and his boat the “Sweet T”

Great guy and captain, small boat, 6 people max I believe. Have always had great trips when we’ve fished with him when we’ve gone out of Homer over the last dozen years or so.
Another vote for Capt Ron and the Sweet T. Wife and I went with him and caught a nice king and our halibut limit even though the bite was slow that day. Hope to go back soon

Also consider launching out of Ninilchik. It can be pretty exciting as they shove your boat out into the inlet with a tractor.
We did the shore launch last year. It was definitely interesting. Maybe the best part was the near first fight over launching rights.

We caught our limit pretty quick, nothing real big. Apparently, you need to go out of Homer if you want more than Halibut though.