Hotel in Kodiak for one night

bozeman

WKR
My son and I are going fishing in Larsen Bay in Oct....staying one night when I get to Kodiak. Any recommended hotels or places to stay away from?

thanks!

I stayed at the best Western a few years back for a deer hunt. Was a nice place to stay. Have a few meals and beers at Henry's great alaskan restaurant and that was good as well

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Roofer1

Lil-Rokslider
Stayed at the Kodiak Compass Suites while I was there. Clean and close enough to walk to most places you'd have to go.

LoggerDan

WKR
Sheilikoff. Kodiak is a pretty shitty little town to kill time in. Humpys isn’t bad for food.

x2 on the Shelikoff. We got stuck there on a job a couple days and I could hardly breathe when I'd wake up from the residual cigarette smoke. I'd rather take my chances in my tent with the bears on the Buskin.

The Quality Inn by the airport is fine too, you just don't have the walking access that the Best Western has.

OP
bozeman

bozeman

WKR
Thanks all.....getting there Thur evening and we leave on Island Air on Sat AM.....so it will be two nights. Sounds like the Best Western is where its at!