Cody, WY hotel recommendation

Go West Old Man

WKR
Classified Approved
Asking for your first hand experience recommendations on hotels or other lodging in or close to Cody,WY for a sightseeing vacation stay during the last week of June. Wife & myself, no kids. Looks like there are several local independent hotels, ranch cabin accommodations, & lodges with good to excellent Tripadvisor ratings. Looking for good customer service, clean rooms, good location, & anything historical is a plus. Nothing wrong with most decent chain hotels but we tend to look for the independent locally owned one’s first. Thanks.

grfox92

WKR
We love Big Bear, it's not luxury, but it's clean, there's a pool and it's a good location for seeing the sights.

I'm friends with the owners. Great people.

If you want a really nice luxury hotel, The Ivy.

8th street at the Ivy (restaurant on the first floor) is the best most consistent restaurant in town.

An Air B&B on North Fork or Southfork would be my choice if I was on vacation. If your into incredible views and being out in the country there's nothing better. But you will be 30 minutes from anything so it's a trade off.

PM me if you have any questions.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Carpet Capital Shyster

Lil-Rokslider
Asking for your first hand experience recommendations on hotels or other lodging in or close to Cody,WY for a sightseeing vacation stay during the last week of June. Wife & myself, no kids. Looks like there are several local independent hotels, ranch cabin accommodations, & lodges with good to excellent Tripadvisor ratings. Looking for good customer service, clean rooms, good location, & anything historical is a plus. Nothing wrong with most decent chain hotels but we tend to look for the independent locally owned one’s first. Thanks.
We stayed at Bill Cody Ranch about a half hour east of town in 2020 and we loved it. My kids were 4 and 8. Food was good and reasonably priced for on property dining. Great scenery and setting. Horseback rides were available and reasonably priced. It’s tied with going to the Broadmoor in Colorado as my kids’ favorite trip…and it’s about 1/3 of the cost! We liked it so much, we booked again and will be out there for the 4th of July.

OP
Go West Old Man

Go West Old Man

WKR
Classified Approved
We stayed at Bill Cody Ranch about a half hour east of town in 2020 and we loved it. My kids were 4 and 8. Food was good and reasonably priced for on property dining. Great scenery and setting. Horseback rides were available and reasonably priced. It’s tied with going to the Broadmoor in Colorado as my kids’ favorite trip…and it’s about 1/3 of the cost! We liked it so much, we booked again and will be out there for the 4th of July.
Thanks. I’ll look into this for certain. We’re flying back to ATL on 7/1 after a full week of sightseeing across northern WY & probably some into MT.

OP
Go West Old Man

Go West Old Man

WKR
Classified Approved
My buddy and his wife have this place.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Thanks. We’ve definitely been looking at airbnb places too. I’ll look at this one. One thing about all airbnb’s that you have to be fully aware of & accept is the cancellation policy for each property. Some are fairly restrictive & if your plans changed after the sometimes far in advance refund period then you could lose a large portion of prepaid fees.

Last edited:

Macintosh

WKR
Wife and I stayed at the Irma last october, we both tagged out so we drove up to check out the firearms museum. I generally dont care for "historic" hotels--seems they are always loud, cramped and the temp in the rooms is about 16 degrees too hot. This was better than I expected and we enjoyed our stay. I think they even had A/C, although I would double check that--could get hot in June. Bunch of cool mounts, etc on the walls. The restaurant/bar seems to be a bit of a locals/tourist mingling place, was low key and pretty cool. Best was the early breakfast at the bar with the local old guys.

OP
Go West Old Man

Go West Old Man

WKR
Classified Approved
Wow, lots of good recommendations! The rates on most nicer hotel accommodations in or near Cody seem to be in the $250-$300 range. That’s on my high side, but I’m sure it’s prime season and the close proximity to
Yellowstone NP certainly commands a premium. Oh well, can’t take it with you when you go on to Glory, and you can either go enjoy it now & spend the money or sit home & wish you’d gone on a great trip!

OP
Go West Old Man

Go West Old Man

WKR
Classified Approved
We had a nice stay at Cody Cowboy Village a couple years ago.
Talked to a good friend here this afternoon who said that they stayed at Cody Cowboy Village years ago and had a great stay & experience. 👍

Ralphie

WKR
I’ll try to keep this on the positive side.

When I’m in Cody and I’m there a lot. I eat at the proud cut. Easily my favorite.

The cody hotel is very nice. So is the ivy place. A couple of the others are less luxurious but clean and nice. AmericInn is another good one.

One that is often mentioned is an over rated tourist trap place with bland boring food and not that clean.