How do you get fusions to stay on an arrow??

i fetched 3 arrows up with 2 inch fusions last week.. I was shooting yesterday and had vanes come off all 3 arrows.. What glue do you use to keep them on.. I cleaned the shaft and used fletch tight platinum.. I wish blazer made a 3 inch model.> Im wanting just a little more stabilization..

OR Archer

WKR
First thing I do is lightly sand the shaft then clean it with denatured alcohol or laquer thinner. You can do the same with the base of the vane also. Put the vane in the clamp, sand the base a little, then clean it before applying glue. It takes a while but they'll never come off doing this.

Fletch Tite platinum is good glue. I prefer Saunders NPV but the FTP will work just fine.

OP
Jtelarkin08
Jt you got a tuning issue if you stripped them. Id take a look at your fletches that came off. Any marks on them?

Lol no I'm shooting a bullet hole. I literally grabbed one and barely pulled and it came off and the other came off through my biscuit

Whisky

WKR
Loctite gel super glue....Forget the fancy archery glues. They have sucked for me too!

+1 on the max bond!!! The other thing I do is I personally use a wrap I think it gives me better adhesion.

If you aren't a wrap guy AAE makes a shaft cleaner. I used that on a buddies arrows for his NM elk hunt and it worked great

Loctite 406 , no need to prep or clean, just glue them on! Works for me gluing fusions.
If you feel shonky for not prepping the shaft you could spray it with loctite 7471 before gluing. These products are fool proof and will work better than any fletching glue.

And if you do get 406 keep it in the fridge.

IAHNTR

WKR
I had a hell of time trying to get them to stick to Victory arrows. I was using the white fusions. I tried Fletch-tite platinum, goat tuff, and a gorilla super glue. None of them worked. Tried cleaning shafts with alcohol, comet and water and lightly sanding. Everything only worked for about 15-20 shots and either the vanes would fall off in the air or when the arrow hit the bag. I have fletched many arrows and never have had a problem like this. I emailed Norway twice about this and never got a response. I'm done with them. Good luck though.

worthog

FNG
I had the same problem. I tried all kinds of glue with and without wraps. I found the trash can to be the best option.:D

PhillyB

WKR
Loctite gel super glue....Forget the fancy archery glues. They have sucked for me too!

This is the ticket... wipe the shaft down with some alcohol and use the blue gel control bottle. I have never had a problem getting any fletching to stick. Plus it can be bought locally so you dont have to wait for shipping.

AZCoues

FNG
This is the ticket... wipe the shaft down with some alcohol and use the blue gel control bottle. I have never had a problem getting any fletching to stick. Plus it can be bought locally so you dont have to wait for shipping.

Yep. Make sure to add a small drop at the leading and trailing edge of the vane also. Also, don't use too much glue.

honestly i could never get the dang things to stick all that well, i tried pretty much everything and i could get them to hold but not good enough in my opinion. i use blazers or vantecs now with NPV and the wrap will tear before the fletch comes loose.

i alo thought you couldnt use a glue like NPV or fletchtite because of the material the base was made from?

OP
Jtelarkin08
Thanks guys. I decided to scrap them. I invented my own broadhead feather. It is shooting awesome so far. Just gotta do some more testing
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382489760.024608.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382489769.707644.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382489780.424310.jpg
Hit the same hole with 3 shots from a grizz trick

barmar65

Lil-Rokslider
How old are your fusions? Norway had some that the piece that is glued to the arrow was made incorrectly. The shop i go to had all their stock replaced from Norway with the new vanes and it has been a non issue since. I have a dozen fletched with them for 3d and they are all sticking like they are welded on yet. Fletch tite premium was used. My fusions are the 3inch vanes though not the 2s.