How do you silence your gear?

jbwright

WKR
Classified Approved
I’m specifically referring to the gear we take into the field - binos/harnesses/stools/etc - which pieces of gear do you silence and how do you silence them?

For example, today I replaced the metal O-rings connecting my bino harness to my binos with a very short piece of paracord. Then to silence the plastic connector I put about 1” sq. stealth strip where the connection occurs.

Also, it may be worth noting I primarily whitetail hunt from the ground. I noticed on a hunt yesterday that my harness was super loud in the calm of the woods.

Just curious what gear you guys silence and how you silence it. I’ve tried the LWCG tape and stealth strips. But also heard of guys using hockey tape, too.

Macintosh

WKR
I also tree stand archery hunt and track in the snow during rifle season, so noise concern at 20 yards and under is a concern. Have done a couple things.
-wool pants so the sound of my pants legs gently brushing against each other isnt so loud as it is with nylon or polyester softshell material. Ditto for brush.
-replace any metal or rattly zipper pulls with cord pulls
-tape over any metal-to-metal contact area, example the metal clip on my 2-point rifle sling is taped so it doesnt click agasint the barrel.
-The buckle to hold a stand or saddle platform to tree I slid a bicycle innertube over it so its useable but doest ding aganst other metal
-the usual stealth strips, felt buttons, etc on tree stand/platform.

My biggest to-do here is finding a way to silence my nylon backpack as it slides against brush.