How do you size a quiver?

LOG555

FNG
I'm brand new to archery and have been looking at the creekwalker quivers. There's a length option and I'm not sure how to measure it to fit my bow. I like the creekwalkers 1 piece design, are they the only ones who do that?

I'm brand new to archery and have been looking at the creekwalker quivers. There's a length option and I'm not sure how to measure it to fit my bow. I like the creekwalkers 1 piece design, are they the only ones who do that?
First of all I would just call or email Donnie and have him walk you through it, super helpful dude. But that length measurement is a measurement of distance between straps. What that needs to be depends on what bow(s) you're putting it on. You need it to be long enough to clear your grip and sight window and give good stability but short enough that you're not into the working part of the limb. Donnie will have good advice on what length to order, especially if you want to be able to use it with multiple bows.

GLB

WKR
I would recommend somewhere on the fades of the limbs. That would be just off the riser/handle and not on the working part of the limbs. Measure that distance on your bow and then talk to the maker of the quiver before you order.

Great Northern makes a 1 piece strap on quiver in a few different configurations. There's a fixed length and then the adjustable sliding model @Beendare mentioned.

Gunshy makes a 1 piece quiver. It's heavy and IMO kinda ugly (the hood looks good but the bracket looks out of place on a wood/glass bow), but well built and has some ability to adjust how far apart the straps are.

If your bow has the correct mounting holes, like some ILF bows and Samick Sage-inspired models do, you can use just about any compound quiver.

Selway Archery makes a great 2-piece quiver if you decide that might be an option.

oldgoat

WKR
Only thing I'll add is make sure whatever you get has a deep enough hood and foam to totally encapsulate your broadheads