How do you stabilize your rifle for Antelope?

How do you stabilize your rifle for Antelope?

• Total voters
Really love my monopod. Beyond being a great rifle rest, helps for glassing with 15power binoculars. Walking stick duty , as well as carry out speedgoat between my dad and me.

Codangles

FNG
Antelope are curious and not very smart. If you wave something white like a hat, sock, or even turn a glove inside out, most of the time they come to you to check it out. Just hold it up and flick it back and forth like a tail, usually they come to within 100 yards. Most of the antelope hunts I’ve been part of have been shot free hand standing or kneeling while resting an elbow on the knee. Sometimes a single pole shooting stick or prone off a backpack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travis907

WKR
Bipod,backpack,or whatever it takes to stabilize the gun for a solid rest! I also carry a lightweight rear shooting bag. It comes in very handy to make that shot a little more stable. You need to be versatile, you may be shooting from an awkward position on a hillside or have tall sage brush to deal with. Lots of great options on the market anymore for shooting! Good luck

Dalep

FNG
I may just have to do the bb I. The sock trick. Bringing my nephew this year for his first big game hunt and want to make him comfortable as possible

How many of you are using an additional rear support (pack frame, etc) when shooting off a tripod or other option that gives you more height above grass/taller sage?

Elk300win

FNG
Usually try to go as light as possible for most hunting with the exception of antelope hunting. Harris bipod or something similar. Choose a bipod that reflects all aspects of shooting such as prone, kneeling and standing. If you can find something which covers prone and some type of kneeling situation you will be good. Standing (off hand) shot would be last resort.

TheGDog

WKR
Just use the Cabelas Kwik Stix. $19.99

I don't have as much shooting time as most of you guys and I feel confident I can do a 200yd shot on a small deer on one of those. Furthest Ground Squirrel shot with them has been 104yds.

Super light, don't weight anything. Shock-corded, they deploy real fast. Easy to yank em out of a long side pocket on the pack.

Be careful with the fence post. In Montana it could be considered within roadway right of way. My friend got a ticket this year for that.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

mulie76

FNG
I've used a harris 13.5-27" bipod for years and have no issues. there might be better options, but this has always allowed for a super steady front rest and I can slip a pack under rear stock for really good rest.

Wags

WKR
I have the BOG bipod and Tripod. Both work well but the Tri is definitely more stable. If I’m with my Son he carries one & I carry the other. Then just use the bipod under the butt of the gun to stabilize it. He’s only 12 so the more stable I can make the platform the better.

Erict

WKR
Primos Triggerstick works from almost prone to standing.

Trigger-Sticks-3.jpg