How long you guys waiting on powder and primers ?

Stalker69

WKR
I have my email on every sight that I can find to notify me when varget gets in stock. And small rifle primers. It’s been months now, how long do most of you have to wait before your notified ?

Lawnboi

WKR
Look for varget alternatives. Ie xbr, 4166, shooters world precision rifle.

Primers have been easier to come by than varget. Midway had cci 41s in stock for like 2 days just a few days ago.

Trippy

Lil-Rokslider
The primers have been around a little bit the last week for about $80 a brick. Midway, Brownell's, and Natchezss are who have had them. I've had better luck getting primers at my local gun shops. Varget is very hard to come by from what I've been watching. A lot better chance at getting a Varget alternative like @Lawnboi mentioned.

Boreal

WKR
Can't get anything shipped up here to Alaska. Have to rely on what is in stock. Why primers are going for $20/100, and Varget at $62/pound. Lucky if you can find it.

Rich M

WKR
I've been waiting since about January/February for powder,
18 months or so for the bullets I want,
February-ish for brass,
but bought primers in August

Not sure what you are loading. I been loading 350 legend with small pistol primers and solid results on chrono.

Scoony

Lil-Rokslider
I was surprised yesterday to see primers at the local Academy Sports. They had CCI small pistol and rifle. Today they added Federal small pistol and rifle to the shelf. 4 sleeve limit per day.

Have not been able to find H895, but IMR4895 is available locally so been picking it up.

Erict

WKR
I didn't rely on emails when I started looking for H4350. I had the direct website link on my phone and checked it 7-8 times a day until I eventually saw a small quantity in stock, then ordered it immediately. If not already, make sure Powder Valley is one of the places you are checking. Good luck.

The backlog on primers might be letting up. CCI #300 large pistol primers have been in stock at Midway for a few days straight. Still in stock now but still pricy too.

Last edited:
The backlog on primers might be letting up. CCI #300 large pistol primers have been in stock at Midway for a few days straight. Still in stock now but still pricy too.

Thanks for the heads up on that. I’ve been needing some. I hate to pay that much but I’ve been out for almost a year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Lawnboi

WKR
Good news is I could have gotten about any primer I needed in the last couple weeks. Powder is still tough but if I had to, for the 2 calibers I load for I could buy everything I need now and shoot

OP
S

Stalker69

WKR
I didn't rely on emails when I started looking for H4350. I had the direct website link on my phone and checked it 7-8 times a day until I eventually saw a small quantity in stock, then ordered it immediately. If not already, make sure Powder Valley is one of the places you are checking. Good luck.
Yes powder valley is one I check regularly, thanks.

Vern400

WKR
Been waiting 8 months for 30 cal 165 Gamekings and Ballistic Tips. Nothing yet. It's all going into loaded ammo right now.

It's ok. I waited 2 years when Obama was first elected and slowly built up some stock. I have a lot of 150 Accubonds and Gamekings but DARN I got a heavy rifle that prefers 165s. Down to 134 of those.

22 mag did worse! Could not find Any for over a year at all in 2009. Got it now though. Biden might be a better salesman than Obama before it's all over.

Bachto

WKR
Been waiting 8 months for 30 cal 165 Gamekings and Ballistic Tips. Nothing yet. It's all going into loaded ammo right now.

It's ok. I waited 2 years when Obama was first elected and slowly built up some stock. I have a lot of 150 Accubonds and Gamekings but DARN I got a heavy rifle that prefers 165s. Down to 134 of those.

22 mag did worse! Could not find Any for over a year at all in 2009. Got it now though. Biden might be a better salesman than Obama before it's all over.
Cabelas website had 30cal BTs the other day, not sure if they were 160s or 180s though. I’ve also found some 30cal stuff (Berger’s) at my local sportsman’s

Not so much with powder or bullets but primers are hard too find, got a hit today from a dealer in Calif. on off brand primers but WOW 186.00 dollars a thousand and that does not include haz mat shipping, glad I stocked up a bit in the past.

4ester

WKR
Varget has been much easier to find then primers, H1000 or Retumbo. If you were in WY I’d trade ya some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the middle of every election cycle I buy an 8 year supply of what I am low on. Watch the trends long enough and you will see that it repeats itself over and over. Things will calm down in 2022 through most of 2023 and get crazy again going into 2024. Don't panic buy high priced components through suppliers that don't deserve our business, be patient and you will find what you need.

Traveled across the country this past week too Wyoming too go deer hunting, made a few stops at sporting goods stores there was not a primer too be found, did score 2 lbs of powder at Brownells it was the last two lbs. they had. Things are scarce all over.

OP
S

Stalker69

WKR
Well, if some one can get varget so easily, I Will trade yea 2 brand new one pound canisters of h4350.