How Are You Carrying Extra 209 Primers?

strousek

Lil-Rokslider
I have been running the TC quick shot speed loader and like how it works besides the 209 primer holder. I constantly have the primer slide out of the holder and end up in my pocket. Well one little 209 primer in your pocket will get lost real quick. So what have you guys been doing for holding extra primers in the field? I hunt western big game so not sitting in a stand or blind. Always on foot so I want something that is quick and easy to have in my pocket. My thought for this year is to honestly try and just electrical tape a primer to the speed loader. Not sure how that will hold up after 3 or 4 days in my pocket out hiking around though. Let me know what you guys run.

703837.jpg

TC Speed Loader

I carry a few of them in a little powder canister. I pretend to be a rattlesnake and shake them in my wife's face like a maraca throughout the day.

Oh it's the little things in life.....sigh.

One in the speed loader with the bullet, 5-6 loose in my pocket just in case and about a dozen in a sealed vial in my pack as backup. I agree, easy for one to get lost in a pocket, but I’ve never had trouble quickly grabbing one out of 5-6. BTW, 209s are very water resistant - most guys overthink keeping them dry/safe.

One primer in each speed loader and a few extras in one of these tiny recloseable plastic bags. I use the same TC speed loader shown above and haven't had a problem with primers falling out. I put 2-3 speed loaders in the stretch pouch on the back side of my bino harness, which holds them pretty snug and keeps them from getting jostled around too much.

i have a littel dog bone shaped holder than can handle like 10 or so, it rides in a stock pack along with my speed loads. For my flintlock I just use an RMC ez-loader.

Firehawk

WKR
I am using these Cedar Mountain Quick Loaders and this year they added a tool to carry the extra 209 primer. The quick loader is by far the best I have used. Not even close. Interested to see how the 209 carrier works this year. https://cedarmtnquickloaders.com/

I used the same one listed above as the Primer caddy last year and it was handy enough. Kept the 3 piece version on my bino harness and the 9 piece in my pack with more speed loaders. Excited to try the new attachment to the cedar mtn quickloader works this year.

Adapter to hold primer https://cedarmtnquickloaders.com/Shop/#!/Primer-Holders-209-or-Variflame/p/565164066/category=0

Take an old leather belt and cut a piece of it off about 2-3 in long, punch a few holes in it that will snugly hold the primer good to go, or get a real muzzleloader in flint lock and don't worry about primers.😉

OP
strousek

strousek

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the responses. Those cedar mountain loaders do look handy. I think I will give the little silicone 3 piece holder a try attached to the bino harness.

MaddMatt

FNG
I keep the 3pc tied with a little loop to my bino harness, and the 9 PC in my pack

I keep a butstock rifle pack on my ML, Replaced the zipper pull with the 3 primer, and toss the 9, a couple quick loads, and misc parts inside.

JBrew

Lil-Rokslider
I always buy the biggest loader I can find, that will hold powder, bullet, and two primers.

Bendejo

Lil-Rokslider
I keep a butstock rifle pack on my ML, Replaced the zipper pull with the 3 primer, and toss the 9, a couple quick loads, and misc parts inside.
Which butts tock pack? Think that may be a good way to carry my charge tubes

Haakon14

FNG
I keep the 3pc tied with a little loop to my bino harness, and the 9 PC in my pack
This. Also, for those TC QuickShots referenced by OP, I put electrical tape over them to keep them closed. Fold one end of the tape so you have a spot to grab it and remove quickly. I've had the cover come loose and ended up with a pocket full of 777 powder.

Another vote for the Cedar Mountain speed loaders with the additional primer holders attached. These things are slick.