How many riflescopes have daylight bright illumination?

Elite

WKR
Bought my first illuminated rifle scope and I am curious how many rifle scopes have illumination that is bright enough for a sunny day to be able to see it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03mossy

WKR
My Leupold VX6 with the firedot is more than bright enough to use in daylight. And it dims low enough to use at the last little bit of shooting light.

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
My Leupold VX6 with the firedot is more than bright enough to use in daylight. And it dims low enough to use at the last little bit of shooting light.

That’s good to know. I wonder if mine is functioning correctly I can’t see it at all in daylight

Beetroot

Lil-Rokslider
Your firedot should be very visible in bright daylight.
It uses fibreoptics for the dot which is what all daylight bright (SFPs) LVPOs use, so yes it should be very very bright.

Long Cut

WKR
My Arken SH4 is plenty bright in daylight as well as dim enough for low light scenarios.

There’s multiple power settings so you can adjust the brightness as needed.

wyosteve

WKR
Just want to make sure you know the firedot can be adjusted by pushing the 'button' on the left side where the battery goes. Makes it brighter or less bright.

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
I have the Leica amplus 6 not the firedot. On cloudy days I can see it but when it is sunny I can’t see the illumination at all

Macintosh

WKR
Lots of places in europe people hunt at night, so many of the eu scopes have illumination settings designed for lower light than most people would ever need in the US. If the highest setting arent bright enough, my guess is that any non-Eu-based brand will have brighter illumination, especially if more than just a tiny dot/cross in the center is illuminated. Id say very few of the scopes ive used that have illumination arent visible in daylight once you get up in the mid to high settings.