How many higher end scopes do you own?

DoctorJJ

FNG
How many higher end scopes, over $1,000, do you own? Do you tend to own fewer scope and swap them over to different rifles as needed or do you have a scope for each rifle. I have scopes for each rifle and tend to never move them around. I do wonder why I have so many expensive scopes as moving them to a new gun and sighting it isn’t difficult.

I used to own more because I had more rifles. I'm now down to 2 scopes for 3 rifles (not counting my hunting rimfire T1X) so I'll be starting to swap soon. I'm down to a Vortex LHT 4.5-22 and a Vortex Razor GIII 6-36. The LHT will stay on a gun and the Razor will get swapped between my ol' reliable 6.5CM and my Vudoo 22lr.

OP
D

DoctorJJ

FNG
Yeah, I’m beginning to wonder why I have so many scopes and really why so many rifles. It’s cool but I only use a handful. 12 scopes costing anywhere between $1200-$3000+ laying around on guns I don’t use, kinda seems silly.

KurtR

WKR
At least that‘s what you tell your wife. Haha!
No i had creedmoor built 12 years ago and other than a few barrels its my one and only rifle i guess i have a 22 i got when i was a kid. Now you start talking decoys and dog training stuff that number is definitely rounded down to the wife haha.

MikeDeltaFoxtrot

Lil-Rokslider
Too many. I certainly don't swap scopes between rifles. Way too much trouble.

I have 3 NF scopes, one Swaro, and a VX5 on my most commonly used hunting rifles. My other rifles have VX3HD's, which have been serviceable.

KenLee

WKR
Yeah, I’m beginning to wonder why I have so many scopes and really why so many rifles. It’s cool but I only use a handful. 12 scopes costing anywhere between $1200-$3000+ laying around on guns I don’t use, kinda seems silly.
Half the # you do and would buy another Magnus i 56mm 4a tomorrow if I came across one

270quest

WKR
I have two Zeiss V4s that are about 1k each and thats it...Have owned a few NF's in the past.

I do have 3 Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40s that "aren't high end" on the price side, but I would put them up against a lot of more expensive high end set and forget scopes - they just plain work!

SloppyJ

WKR
NX8 and a Trijicon Credo are my nicest two scopes. I have about 3 extras banging around the safe but they are cheap take offs. I try to keep a good scope on all of my rifles so they're ready to roll. I'm finishing up a 300prc build and my nightforce is moving to that. I'll need to replace something on my 280ai and I'm thinking about a Ziess V4 4x14 but might do something completely different.

How many higher end scopes, over $1,000, do you own? Do you tend to own fewer scope and swap them over to different rifles as needed or do you have a scope for each rifle. I have scopes for each rifle and tend to never move them around. I do wonder why I have so many expensive scopes as moving them to a new gun and sighting it isn’t difficult.
First question, are you a robber lol.
Half the # you do and would buy another Magnus i 56mm 4a tomorrow if I came across one
I have one 50mm Magnus 4a illuminated that I currently run and I switched it from my 450 BM to my 6.5 CM only because I haven’t purchased another one yet… My friend has two 56mm Magnus 4a illuminated and I’m trying to get him to sell me one, but he just wants to sell me a second 50mm like the one I already bought from him this year.
Best glass I have ever looked through, but you need illumination in low light…

KenLee

WKR

I have one 50mm Magnus 4a illuminated that I currently run and I switched it from my 450 BM to my 6.5 CM only because I haven’t purchased another one yet… My friend has two 56mm Magnus 4a illuminated and I’m trying to get him to sell me one, but he just wants to sell me a second 50mm like the one I already bought from him this year.
My old welder eyes need the dot in low light anyway

KenLee

WKR

Is the 50mm 4a reticle?

OP
D

DoctorJJ

FNG

Yes. Will need GPS coordinates to your house, house alarm code and safe combination as well. Thanks in advance!

I can see where the original question seems creepy. I wasn’t really asking for specific numbers. Just seeing how people handle this issue.