How much does packing an animal stink up a pack?

Relatively new here and am looking for a decent pack. Just wondering how much scent a pack will retain from packing out an animal and if you can really get 100% of it out.
Thanks

oldgoat

WKR
I put the game bags in a trash sack and it didn't effect pack at all! Contractor plastic bags or trash compactor bags are supposed to be good too

I put the game bags in a trash sack and it didn't effect pack at all! Contractor plastic bags or trash compactor bags are supposed to be good too
Ive never had them stink up my packs, Ive packed a lot of animals and as long as i wash the pack in my tub when i get home and let it air dry, the packs never develop a smell. Just make sure you clean the pack when finished. If your worried about blood you can use a contractor bag as long as your hike isn't super long. I like to keep the meat cool as possible. So i only use a game bag unless going short distances then i will use a contractor bag .

Felix40

WKR
Not at all. Meat shouldn't have a really strong odor if you take care of it. The blood is a bonus. If you get enough blood stains it becomes obvious the pack belongs to a grown man.

elkyinzer

WKR
My pack had some fairly strong "elk stank", I guess from carrying the head, for about 4-5 months. I can't smell it a bit now. I didn't really try to wash it out, it's a hunting pack. I miss it. Hopefully the stank will be back in September. Meat itself won't smell a bit. Packed out quite a few deer and no smell from them.

OP
Y
All good to know. Basically I'm wondering how relevant it is when someone mentions how many animals they've carried in a used pack they're selling and how much it may depreciate the value.

toddb

Lil-Rokslider
Do like my son did last year. Ate half a can of sardines in mustard sauce and threw open can back in bottom of bag. That leaves a stain worthy of the hardest to get out.

Shrek

WKR
My pack had some fairly strong "elk stank", I guess from carrying the head, for about 4-5 months. I can't smell it a bit now. I didn't really try to wash it out, it's a hunting pack. I miss it. Hopefully the stank will be back in September. Meat itself won't smell a bit. Packed out quite a few deer and no smell from them.

I can't think of a better smell for a pack than elk stink ! I sure wished mine smelled like elk and had plenty of blood stains ! I bought a new bag again this summer so I'm back to zero again. No elk smell , char and dirt , or blood stains :(. I hope to begin to correct these deficiencies come October !

Poser

WKR
Dried blood gets a little musty for awhile but it goes away after awhile. I don't worry about it.

KHNC

WKR
I plan on destroying my pack before it goes anywhere. But , that's because I finally got a quality pack that I like. Sold my other brands already without much wear and tear.

Elkangle

WKR
It's a pretty nice smell if you ask me....rain usually takes care of the majority of it....typically wash my pack once a year tho