How to make a dog vomit....

*zap*

WKR
Opened a package of boneless chicken breasts and while I was looking at the cooking my terrier ate the paper that is under the chicken and part of the package.

Put about a cup 2 ounces of 3% hydrogen peroxide in my nasal flush bottle and squirted most of it down his throat.

22 minutes later out it all came.

Never know this type of info may help a dog owner someday...

Last edited:

TSAMP

WKR
That seems like alot of peroxide. I seem to recall a max of 3 tablespoons.

I keep peroxide in my dogs kit just for this reason. I think I give mine 30mls and then repeat in 15 minutes if she doesn’t vomit. Only had to do it once but it worked great.

Ice-kub

Lil-Rokslider
I had an impromptu jujitsu match with my old dog when he ate about a half a pound of grapes. 50mL syringe with peroxide down the throat. He hated me for about a week. Probably saved his life though. Counted 30 some grapes in the puddles of puke lol

Wrench

WKR
When I was married to the vet, if we didn't have apomorphine....it was peroxide. She didn't measure...just a good slug as it was coming back in a couple of minutes.

Thankfully my current dog isn't one to chew on or eat things she shouldn't (yet). Grew up with one that did and it was constant management, so learned this one early.

ThatDUDE

WKR
That is great information....How about how to make a dog not puke? My little Jagd/Curr mix get's car sick on really rocky roads. I took her on the elk hunt and she threw up all over the back seat of my truck. She hadn't ate for hours, and I remembered she did it before on another really rough road a few weeks ago.

gelton

WKR
Have had to do this myself when my dog had a hotspot and I put a wrap on the area of hinlower leg he wouldn’t stop licking.

Next morning it was gone and couldn’t be found, 50/59 mixture of hydrogen peroxide and milk and he vomited it up within minutes.

That is great information....How about how to make a dog not puke? My little Jagd/Curr mix get's car sick on really rocky roads. I took her on the elk hunt and she threw up all over the back seat of my truck. She hadn't ate for hours, and I remembered she did it before on another really rough road a few weeks ago.
Zofran is safe for dogs.