How to make a dog vomit....

knale87

Lil-Rokslider
Solid information. Have a 6 month old bloodhound that eats everything and didn’t know this.

Leverwalker

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the thread. Thank god our current lad isn't much of an "eat anything" lab, just rabbit and goose poop if we don't get to him fast enough, but good to know if it comes up.

505Wapiti

WKR
My chocolate lab would swallow my kids dirty socks whole when he was young. Had to do the peroxide thing a couple of times. The right amount per body weight on a little bit of strawberry ice cream works every time!

grog24

Lil-Rokslider
having done this 3 times to my giant schnauzer, he now goes running off to hide anytime he sees the bottle of hydrogen peroxide and won't come near me for hours haha

My dog ate a partial rat bar and came out of the hay shed with his goatee stained blue-green. He got a syringe of peroxide with crushed fish aquarium charcoal. The charcoal is supposed to help absorption of the trash before it comes up and it's coming up quick so not sure that is necessary but he's still rolling at the age of 10.

3 full swallows of peroxide and they won’t have nothing left in their guts…

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
That seems like alot of peroxide. I seem to recall a max of 3 tablespoons.
Yes 3% Hydrogen Peroxide, I used my nasal flush bottle.....shot it right into the back of the mouth.

Last edited:
If you wanna avoid the wrestling match, mix the hydrogen peroxide with chicken broth. My Dog loves it.

slvrslngr

WKR
Had to do this with my puppy this summer, she got into a bag of fertilizer. The peroxide trick is something every dog owner should know.

if you don't have hydrogen peroxide readily available you can also use salt to induce vomiting.

Opened a package of boneless chicken breasts and while I was looking at the cooking my terrier ate the paper that is under the chicken and part of the package.

Put about a cup 2 ounces of 3% hydrogen peroxide in my nasal flush bottle and squirted most of it down his throat.

22 minutes later out it all came.

Never know this type of info may help a dog owner someday...
My wife’s cooking does the same thing.
There are always leftovers that I could give my dog if I needed to.