How to not lose carter release

Brendan

WKR
Paracord and a wrist band
709ed2d584b37613d6b8f661e5d64fa1.jpg
52fabc1707ad1038563e0ac67848fb40.jpg

Txhunter85

Lil-Rokslider
Love my Carter releases but I practice with the Too Simple and Evolution in the summer and switch the RX-1 that has a wrist buckle in season. I have wondered the same as you though....If I wanted to carry the hand held releases in season, how would I keep it ready for the shot and not lose it?

I always wear pants that have a zipper pocket on them. I just get into the habit of taking my release out of my bow case, put it straight into my zipper pocket, zip pocket, and leave it there till I need it. It’s worked well for me for the last 4 seasons.

Capra

Lil-Rokslider
I think some of you are looking at this wrong.

My first 10 years bowhunting was with at Fletchmatic rope ( Great Release). That thing would snag on everything. It looked like hell because everywhere my hand went so did it.

Today my handheld is in my RT Front pocket. That is the only place it is supposed to be and that pocket shares with nothing else.

I can climb freely, and even if I get a little paranoid I can check to see that it is there simple enough.

I cannot imagine tethering my handheld to my wrist YMMV.

Does anybody run like some sort of cord through the small holes on the carter releases? I’m using the too simple. Just wondering if anybody has thought of any good ideas to use them in hunting situations and keeping track of it easier.
Could do this. I liked it for a while but I think it gets annoying being connected to your wrist all the time. I just always keep it in my left pants pocket or when I’m tree stand hunting it’s always in my hand Warmer pouch, basically in my hand.

Attachments

• CBF0997F-3ED4-4157-A805-A71D922B51D2.png
    CBF0997F-3ED4-4157-A805-A71D922B51D2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 34

Zac

WKR
I think the ultimate solution is to go to a piercing shop and have multiple magnets injected under your skin on the inside of your wrist.

Oseary

FNG
If you happen to use one of the Nock On releases you could just buy one, or at least reference when you make yours.
There are some awesome ones on Etsy for most Carter versions. They look pretty slick. I’ve been debating picking one up, but also then wondering if I’m getting gear crazed and if it just doesn’t make more sense to use a small pocket on my bino harness. Still… the kydex calls to me.

CP6

FNG
I carry mine in the front pocket of my Marsupial bino harness or in the cargo pocket of my pants (zipped) if I’m stalking. Now…I have sat it down and crawled a few yards then realized I left it behind, so yes, $h•t happens haha

Vandy321

WKR
I have a kydex sheath that mounts on my pack belt molle/webbing, it closes with a quiet snap, I'll check to see if there is a brand on it when I get home...I bought it off here a while back after getting tired of it hanging with cord. Wrist cord wasnt ideal with a bugle in one and and a bow in the other.

Foxsoup

FNG
I have a small paracord loop on my silver back, when my bow is in my have my release is my other hand Dam near all day, if I need to put it down I clip the loop to a carabiner I have in my bino harness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just went through this realization - I was concerned about losing my handheld(a Carter Wise Choice) in the woods. I used to stuff it in my bino pack and while it rode good, you know it’s only a matter of time before some bush grabs it out.

I flirted with buying a wrist release - I actually bought a Like Mike II and a RX2… but the fact that I’d have to move anchor points(which isn’t uncommon) and my overall familiarity and comfort with the handheld kinda made me hesitant.

I finally found a place on Etsy called AJB holsters who makes Kydex holsters for handhelds.

I read some reviews and made my purchase last Friday. Shortly after my purchase Andrew reached out to me asking exactly what I wanted. I made a note that I wanted it to sit on the side harness of my Kuiu bino harness. Needless to say he offered me 3 different options, and kept me involved with the(very short) build process… even going as far as to make a video showing how to install it when I received it.

He shipped it on Monday, and I got it in my hands today. The build quality is nice, and while I opted for the strap to hold it in, it doesn’t need it as it clips in quite snugly without it.

If you’re looking for a good quality holster for your handheld, don’t hesitate to look him up and order from him!

Attachments

• 94B3E41D-F3CF-484C-89AA-0F131A043C1F.jpeg
    94B3E41D-F3CF-484C-89AA-0F131A043C1F.jpeg
    371.8 KB · Views: 45

FromEm

FNG
Definitely a struggle. I do my best to keep track of it and also bring a old backup just in case. That backup has definitely come in handy too!

ZDR

WKR
I just went through this realization - I was concerned about losing my handheld(a Carter Wise Choice) in the woods. I used to stuff it in my bino pack and while it rode good, you know it’s only a matter of time before some bush grabs it out.

I flirted with buying a wrist release - I actually bought a Like Mike II and a RX2… but the fact that I’d have to move anchor points(which isn’t uncommon) and my overall familiarity and comfort with the handheld kinda made me hesitant.

I finally found a place on Etsy called AJB holsters who makes Kydex holsters for handhelds.

I read some reviews and made my purchase last Friday. Shortly after my purchase Andrew reached out to me asking exactly what I wanted. I made a note that I wanted it to sit on the side harness of my Kuiu bino harness. Needless to say he offered me 3 different options, and kept me involved with the(very short) build process… even going as far as to make a video showing how to install it when I received it.

He shipped it on Monday, and I got it in my hands today. The build quality is nice, and while I opted for the strap to hold it in, it doesn’t need it as it clips in quite snugly without it.

If you’re looking for a good quality holster for your handheld, don’t hesitate to look him up and order from him!
That is slick! Thanks for the review

MattB

WKR
How quiet is that kydex? I can’t imagine that is something you can quietly use within archery range.

ICBoy

FNG
Classified Approved
I went to the craft store and got a strip or soft leather, and some grommets. Used para-cord to attach the two. $10 at most