HOWA Superlite Rings: Shipping Help Needed

Hey guys. Antonio here. Located in Victoria, Australia. Long time lurker but made a account recently and it's my first time posting today.

Just bought myself a howa superlite recently for high country Sambar hunting and I would like to ditch the included picatinny and use some of the lightweight aluminium rings that Talley have just come out with. Can't get them in Australia so I did all the relevant checks, confirmed that the rings are not a regulated ITAR item and in fact a unregulated EAR99 item that is ok to export out of the USA. Rings are legal to be shipped into Australia on our end also so all good. I purchased the rings and sent them to a third-party shipping forwarder called shipito. They are not sending the item because it is a firearm part. I spoke to them about the regulations and while they agree that the rings are unregulated and legal to export they claim their policy is a blanket policy and is subject to anything firearm related.

My only option is to return the rings back to Talley at this stage. Instead of requesting a refund I was wondering if anyone would be willing to allow me to redirect that package to them, to then redirect to me in Australia. Obviously I would pay all shipping fees and would be more than happy to compensate for your troubles.

Cheers guys.

Antonio.

OP
thewhistlingtriple
Redirect them to another forwarder. One that knows and understands ITAR regulations.
Cheers for your reply Dos. That was the first thing I checked out, unfortunately all the forwarding company's have the same blanket restriction policy when it comes to anything related to a firearm.

When I called Talley up, they understood and acknowledged that the scope rings are not ITAR regulated but still they only ship within the USA, which is the same as many manufacturers.

Unfortunately no options but to return and ask if it is possible to get a refund so I thought I'd ask around here first.

Thanks.

Antonio.

Send them to me. I'll hand deliver them to you two days prior to the hunt, as long as I get to go with you! Seriously, send them to me and I'll get them forwarded to you. If you can send me a PM here, do that and we'll sort out the details. You may have to get your post count up to 10+ to do PMs, but that should be easy.

OP
thewhistlingtriple
Send them to me. I'll hand deliver them to you two days prior to the hunt, as long as I get to go with you! Seriously, send them to me and I'll get them forwarded to you. If you can send me a PM here, do that and we'll sort out the details. You may have to get your post count up to 10+ to do PMs, but that should be easy.
Mate you are a absolute legend. I appreciate that alot. However I literally just sorted it about 10 mins ago. It's 02:10 here in Victoria, I've had to be awake for California and South Carolina time zones haha.

I got onto Chris at Talley, another legend, and he was able to sort out some new rings directly to me today and sent me a return label for the ones being held hostage by shipito.

I'll still be more than happy to bring you along for a sambar hunt in Vic high country should you ever decide to come down under.

Happy to hear that you've got it sorted out. Careful what you say, I may be standing at your door one of these days! Perhaps we'll agree upon an exchange program. I'll come down and hunt with you and you can come here and hunt black bear, mule deer, or elk.

OP
thewhistlingtriple
Happy to hear that you've got it sorted out. Careful what you say, I may be standing at your door one of these days! Perhaps we'll agree upon an exchange program. I'll come down and hunt with you and you can come here and hunt black bear, mule deer, or elk.
Cheers, much appreciated.

That invitation is a serious as it gets. The door is always open. That's sounds like a mighty fine exchange to me. I've been looking at coming down to the States for few months for a hunt and to see around. It's at the top of my list. Right after a NZ tahr hunt I'm planning.

I'd PM you if I could. But haven't got enough posts to do that yet. I'll do it once I unlock it.