HR127 Firearm Registration and Much More

carter33

WKR

mmw194287

WKR
Crazy bills both gun related and non-gun related get introduced all the time. Not really anything to worry about unless it starts moving somewhere.

She introduced the same bill in the last Congress as well. In both instances she had zero co-sponsors, which says a lot about its chances of success.

OP
carter33

carter33

WKR
Crazy bills both gun related and non-gun related get introduced all the time. Not really anything to worry about unless it starts moving somewhere.

She introduced the same bill in the last Congress as well. In both instances she had zero co-sponsors, which says a lot about its chances of success.

I did notice she had zero co sponsors as well and thought that was a good sign. I agree that I don’t think it will go anywhere but it is still pretty scary stuff, I was shocked reading through it.

I hope you are right though and you probably are. I do think it is worthy of a read regardless though, definitely opened my eyes to how far some in Congress want to go on the issue.

She will get more support for it. Count on it. Speak up and make sure your reps understand where you are. If she wanted to fix her crime problem in houston she would draft something to force a 10 year for any felon caught with a firearm and no bail / bond for felons caught with firearms. You cannot go a month in dallas w/o seeing someone in the news for murdering someone and they are out bond or bail for having been caught with a firearm as a felon. There's some basic things that can be done...but will never happen.

Agree. This is part of the typical legislative process.

the challenge I find is that when the next unfortunate, firearms related incident occurs, the anti 2A crowd doesn’t start with a blank page, they pull out stuff like this as their starting and talking points.

also, I find it frustrating that politicians that are guarded by armed state troopers, secret service and other LEO on a near constant basis, take such a dim view of personal firearms ownership. For example, I had occasion to meet with Michael Bloomberg during his tenure as NYC mayor. The layers and extent of security around him was impressive. For someone who is such a staunch opponent of guns, he had an awful lot of public and private security guards with machine guns really close by. I will stop now before I start foaming at the mouth...

mlgc20

WKR

The text for HR127 was released and is absolutely insane. This goes beyond what I had imagined could be in it and could greatly impact the way many of us of live our lives as well as enjoy our pastimes.
I went to read this thinking "insane" was probably an overstatement. I was wrong. Insane captures it perfectly. If I read it correctly, to even own a firearm, you have to have a license issued from the US Attorney General. And to get said license, you have to undergo a psychological evaluation. And part of that phsyc eval could include the interviewing of your spouse, any former spouse, and "at least 2 other persons who are members of the family..." Yikes! What do you think the timeline would be to get a firearms license? My guess is you would measure the timeline in terms of years. And the part about "military style weapons" was eye opening as well.

I'm not particularly worried about this bill going anywhere. But, it's scary to read regardless.

Having been in NYC and Westchester county for 15 years prior to now, i think you have to pay attention to notions like this. Licensing programs with potentially capricious requirements and processes Can be an easy, non-legislative and extra judicial impedementor firearms ownership. Pistol licenses in west Chester county can take 6 to 9 months for initial approval and purchase permits (buying another gun when you already have a permit) can routinely take 2 to 4 months. Permits can get hung up in process for no apparent reason and with no notice or explanation.

Squincher

WKR
She will get more support for it. Count on it. Speak up and make sure your reps understand where you are. If she wanted to fix her crime problem in houston she would draft something to force a 10 year for any felon caught with a firearm and no bail / bond for felons caught with firearms. You cannot go a month in dallas w/o seeing someone in the news for murdering someone and they are out bond or bail for having been caught with a firearm as a felon. There's some basic things that can be done...but will never happen.

Look at you. Thinking congress wants to solve problems. Solving problems reduces campaign issues.

nrh6.7

WKR
This is what the left wants to do. For anyone that's said the left doesn't want to control you owning guns...wake up! AND STOP VOTING FOR THESE IDIOTS!!!