Hunter and Maggie's live Bear hunt from WI

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well we seen the coon again at 7:30....seriously cool how they show up at exactly 7:30 3 nights in a row, you would think they wear watches. Beyond that there were no sightings tonight, 89° in the blind and treestand tonight..brutal. Still 80° at 9:45 pm, very unusual for WI. Mom didn't see anything either, although her bait was at least destroyed overnight. Tomorrow Hunter and I are going to sit a new bait that hasn't been hunted yet, providing the wind is right. Its been hit and miss here, but we need a change of scenery.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
At a new bait that has been hit and miss, here is a view from the blind. 30 yards to the bait. It wasn't hit last night. Hoping tonight......but its currently 89*uploadfromtaptalk1378586596965.jpg

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
First visitor of the night is a raccoon, hope they get bigger.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nothing yet, but the weather is more comfortable. Down 23* since we got here.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nothing last night. Decided to do a morning hunt this am. Hunted for 3.5 hours and nothing. Ran home for lunch and to get mom for the afternoon hunt. Back in the blind for the last hour. BSD news though. He was in and destroyed the bait midday while we were not here:mad:uploadfromtaptalk1378674574495.jpg

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Update: text from wife's stand. She had one circle her bait, too thick for a shot. Hopefully its just sitting for a bit!!!!

Craig4791

WKR
Sounds like they are getting more comfortable at the bait. Do you have cams on the baits? Know how many different bears are hitting them?

Good luck!

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
2-3 on the bait Hunter is on. 10-13 on my wife's, and 2-3 on another.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
88* and like a sauna in here tonight. Little over an hour to go. Leaving for CO elk hunt Thursday morning. Starting to get nervous!

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Blanked again last night. About 10° cooler today, but feels similar because the sun is out bearing down. We'll see what tonight brings!

Anything last night? Today is your last shot before you head out West, right? My kids are pulling for Hunter. Any time out with the kids is great, but I'm hoping you get him a bear too.