Hunting black bear out of Skagway

I have some spots near Skagway and am going hunting with a local friend for black bear. Any additional info or general locations will be greatly appreciated. Most of the bears stay on protected land near the chilkoot. We are hoping to catch one in the alpines where it’s legal.

medvedyt

Lil-Rokslider
living very close to skagway a shame we can t hunt there anymore as we re now considered aliens (yukoners used to be able to hunt big game as any non resident from lower 48). i ve seen more bears on the bc side than on the ak side but i imagine there is room for them as well.

OP
mtn_mandave
living very close to skagway a shame we can t hunt there anymore as we re now considered aliens (yukoners used to be able to hunt big game as any non resident from lower 48). i ve seen more bears on the bc side than on the ak side but i imagine there is room for them as well.
I appreciate the comment. That is a shame. I think you can hunt as an alien but the tag prices are steep.I could be wrong. Any good outfitters you would recommend on the Canadian side?

medvedyt

Lil-Rokslider
I appreciate the comment. That is a shame. I think you can hunt as an alien but the tag prices are steep.I could be wrong. Any good outfitters you would recommend on the Canadian side?
yes i can hunt as alien with an outfitter but not interested. come to skagway when the cruise ship season is over that is great despite a little dead but less tourists lol ...
sorry none that i can recommend on that side of the border. there is only one that i know and not targetting black bear and grizzly hunting has been banned in bc for many years now. sorry.