Hunting boots

LukiLanda

FNG
I'm an avid chukar hunter in Northern Nevada. Chukar country is steep and rocky. I'm looking for a good light weight insulsted hunting boot. I recently purchase a pair of Crispi Briksdal SF [Stiff Flex] GTX Insulated Hunting Boots. I wore them one time and had, blishters and ankle pain through out the day. I will be selling them. Any recommendations:

I am a big fan of kenetrek. I also know they took around 50 miles to break in like most new quality boots. I recommend if your boots are new to use leukotape thru the break in process.

positivepete!

Lil-Rokslider
Not the lightest boot but I have had nothing but good luck with the scarpa manta tec. The only thing is they don't flex much so they take a little getting used to.

Muleyczy

Lil-Rokslider
Second kenetrek. There pricey but ive never had a blister and you can send them in to be resole and get another year or two out of them.

On another note, how’s your chukar season going. Seeing any good numbers? I’m in the same area as you and it seems rough this year

adieatrick

Lil-Rokslider
I got a new pair of Danner Pronghorns for this season and have over 100 miles on them and they have been perfect. I did SnoSeal them right out of the box, which was unnecessary. They are super comfortable and my feet feel great at the end of the day. I had Crispis before and my arches would kill me at the end of the day.

arock

Lil-Rokslider
Schnees makes some good ones (Their mountain line in Italy though its an American company). The Timberlines are an oustanding boot. I really like my Hanwags as well. I have Tatra Lights for when I'm not carrying over 40lbs on my back which are great for what they are.

Not dissimilar to motorcycles - the Italians and Germans make really great boots.

At the end of the day you'd want something that fits and that is sized appropriately.

Coat4gun

FNG
I have been using Oboz lw hikers for years. They seem to outlast any other lw hiker I have tried and are very comfortable right out of the box. I got my first insulated Oboz this year and took them on a 9 mile hunting trek with no issues at all. The footbed is the best I have found so no need to supplement with $50 superfeet right after springing for new boots. They make them in 200gr 8" and 400gr 10" thinsulate. I got the 8" 200gr. They come in wide widths that helps me as well since I have an E width foot. https://obozfootwear.com/en-us/category/footwear-mens-insulated

PA Hunter

WKR
I used a brand new never used pair of kennetreks on a 10 day moose hunt in Alaska and they never hurt my feet at all even humping two moose out in 3 days on my back. No blisters no pain and zero break in. I was highly impressed and also have a pair of Lowa Hunter GTX that are nice.