Hunting gear in Vail, CO?

Kilboars

WKR
I’m heading to unit 12 Colorado on Friday for an Archery Elk hunt via Vail, Steamboat and Craig CO.

Any good hunting and or archery shops on the way? So far all I find is Skiing and fly fishing shops.

I like to look at a 2nd pair of quality hunting boots and we’ll as scent free soap etc.

Any shop recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FOS373

Lil-Rokslider
when you say "on the way", are you traveling through the Denver area?

I would recommend 1 Shot Gear in Golden; not too far off I70 on the west side of town

COelk89

FNG
There is a Murdochs in Craig that probably has what you need depending on what quality means to you for the boot. If you are looking for Crispi, Kennetrek and that level I would order before you leave or plan on purchasing somewhere closer to Denver.

def90

WKR

I would recommend 1 Shot Gear in Golden; not too far off I70 on the west side of town

One Shot really doesn't have much on display in their store.

def90

WKR
If going throgh Denver you have the usual Bass Pro, Cabelas, and Sportsmans Warehouse and that's pretty much it.

As for archery shops, RMSG (mostly a trad archery shop), No Limits (bow hunting focused shop) and few others.

As noted above Straightline in Steamboat.

Scheels is really legit. I purchased a Tikka 223 at the one in Colorado Springs a couple days ago. First time I’ve seen a Tikka 223 on a store shelf.

The Scheels in Loveland had an “employee demo” Pulsar thermal marked down from $4000 to $999.

OP
Kilboars

Kilboars

WKR

No. I fly into Vail/Eagle and driving to Craig via Steamboat Springs but thank you.

OP
Kilboars

Kilboars

WKR
OP
Kilboars

Kilboars

WKR
Thanks all.

I land in Vail so just take off for steamboat?

Nothing for a Bowhunter to see or do in Vail?

mtnvol1

FNG
Not sure I would wait til I got there to try to break in a new pair of boots. Good luck with the hunt!

wannabemtnman

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks all.

I land in Vail so just take off for steamboat?

Nothing for a Bowhunter to see or do in Vail?

Eagle airport is ~30 min from Vail, depends on how much time you have. Vail village is worth checking out if you’ve never been. It’s just high end shops and restaurants but worth checking out if you’re into that and want to say you’ve been there. I’d rather head to steamboat and hit strawberry hot springs or float the river.

el_jefe_pescado

Lil-Rokslider
I’d also recommend stopping at Straightline and grabbing a cold beer at Storm Peak when you’re rolling through Steamboat.

OP
Kilboars

Kilboars

WKR
Eagle airport is ~30 min from Vail, depends on how much time you have. Vail village is worth checking out if you’ve never been. It’s just high end shops and restaurants but worth checking out if you’re into that and want to say you’ve been there. I’d rather head to steamboat and hit strawberry hot springs or float the river.

Thank you.

I’ve been to Vail before years ago. I land around noon Friday and my hunt doesn’t start till noon Sunday. Giving myself some time to acclimate to the higher altitude.