Hunting industry brands that support conservation

WKR

WKR
I'm working on a project to find brands and hunting industry product manufacturers that support conservation and are beneficial to the future of the outdoorsman.

Criteria would be:
American made or atleast based in the USA,
Not extremely invested in social media marketing,
Supports public land and the diy hunter,
Not involved in the hunting non-profits that promote the use of private land leases and pay to play type hunts,
Conservative hunting values (not killing excessive amounts of game animals for Instagram or YouTube videos)

If anyone has any information about a company that aligns with the above please reply or send me a pm, thank you.

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
Probably so, but there has got to be a few good ones out there

Idaboy

WKR
"Not extremely invested in social media marketing"....that's a tough one

-Argali is very pro-conservation
-Newbergs operation is about as proconservation as you can get, not sure he sells his own products though

hunterjmj

WKR
I think there is a thread with American made stuff if you do a search. The other criteria you're looking for may be more difficult to find.

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
"Not extremely invested in social media marketing"....that's a tough one

-Argali is very pro-conservation
-Newbergs operation is about as proconservation as you can get, not sure he sells his own products though
I'll look at argali and see if they fit

Newberg definitely won't make the cut

Rob5589

WKR
SM marketing will be tough. SM advertising is the modern version of ads in Outdoor Life, Guns and Ammo, etc. SM advertising on its own doesn't seem to be the problem; lining up piles of dead critters next to your product all over SM, does.

Btaylor

WKR
SM marketing will be tough. SM advertising is the modern version of ads in Outdoor Life, Guns and Ammo, etc. SM advertising on its own doesn't seem to be the problem; lining up piles of dead critters next to your product all over SM, does.
If I'm not going to kill piles of critters "running" your gear, why should I buy it? :cool:

Btaylor

WKR
I'm working on a project to find brands and hunting industry product manufacturers that support conservation and are beneficial to the future of the outdoorsman.

Criteria would be:
American made or atleast based in the USA,
Not extremely invested in social media marketing,
Supports public land and the diy hunter,
Not involved in the hunting non-profits that promote the use of private land leases and pay to play type hunts,
Conservative hunting values (not killing excessive amounts of game animals for Instagram or YouTube videos)

If anyone has any information about a company that aligns with the above please reply or send me a pm, thank you.
Do you have any parameters for "support conservation"? Is that donating to NGO's or game agencies, etc?

Quickly off the top of my head Wiggy's came to mind from the USA made and lite on SM aspect but I dont know that they check your other boxes.

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
You're absolutely right, I've come to realize in the research I've been doing that everyone uses social media marketing. Which is acceptable as long as, like you said, its not full of grip and grins and dead animals

oh boy, i bet that list is going to very very small but i'm interested to see what you come up with.

Reactions: WKR

pcrossett

FNG
2% for Conservation has a list on their website of businesses that are members. May give you a starting point to then go through and check the rest of your criteria.

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
Do you have any parameters for "support conservation"? Is that donating to NGO's or game agencies, etc?

Quickly off the top of my head Wiggy's came to mind from the USA made and lite on SM aspect but I dont know that they check your other boxes.
Its a fine line, but I mean companies that have the public land or do it yourself guys in mind and aren't invested in the pay to play crowd. Basically ones that aren't only worried about the bottom line and are concerned about the future of hunting. I dont want companies that will get in bed with anyone just to make a dollar and perpetuate the problems insta-famous hunting scene is causing today

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
I should also say that these companies don't necessarily have to be super active in conservation as long as they are neutral and not posting production quality hunting videos and grip and grins all over the place

WCB

WKR
Its a fine line, but I mean companies that have the public land or do it yourself guys in mind and aren't invested in the pay to play crowd. Basically ones that aren't only worried about the bottom line and are concerned about the future of hunting. I dont want companies that will get in bed with anyone just to make a dollar and perpetuate the problems insta-famous hunting scene is causing today
I think your idea is going to be very very narrow....what does having he DIY crowd in mind mean EXACTLY... do they have to donate to BHA? Can they not donate to SCI or Dallas SCI...how about Wild Sheep Foundation? Lots of focus on guided big dollar hunts but also ALOT of money raised for conservation.

MattB

WKR
If you are looking for companies that support conservation, it might be good to have a criterion related to that.