Hunting industry brands that support conservation

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
I think your idea is going to be very very narrow....what does having he DIY crowd in mind mean EXACTLY... do they have to donate to BHA? Can they not donate to SCI or Dallas SCI...how about Wild Sheep Foundation? Lots of focus on guided big dollar hunts but also ALOT of money raised for conservation.
They dont have to support any organization as long as they aren't supporting the ones that commodify hunting and hunting land access

WBrim

WKR
That’s a pretty tall order, but if you find some companies that fit, it would be good for people to know! I’ll keep watching to see what comes up.

Reactions: WKR
OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
That’s a pretty tall order, but if you find some companies that fit, it would be good for people to know! I’ll keep watching to see what comes up.
Working on it!
I've got a few put together so far but ill get them all posted when I do some more research and vetting

He was joking
so ... what is our issue with Gore and Assoc? frankly If I want waterproof.. or the best version of breathable waterproof available I am going with Gore tex everytime. Even the sales guys at the other major outdoor clothing groups, when they are talking candidly and off the record, will tell you their version is not as good as gore tex. The sitka waterfowl gear is the best there is and second place is not close. furthermore, they do a shit ton for conservation.

Last edited:

Idaboy

WKR
so ... what is our issue with Gore and Assoc? frankly If I want waterproof.. or the best version of breathable waterproof available I am going with Gore tex everytime. Even the sales guys at the other major outdoor clothing groups, when they are talking candidly and off the record, will tell you their version is not as good as gore tex. The sitka waterfowl gear is the best there is and second place is not close. furthermore, they do a shit ton for conservation.
I wasn't knocking Gore, but just pointing out Sitka is owned by them

FORLOH. Not sure on their conservation, but little SM and sourced and made in America.

T&K has been mentioned. Berry compliant.

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

Orvis is fly gear and upland.

They fit most of your criteria, and donate 5% to conservation.

They do support and endorse some guides and lodges, but that's almost unavoidable in the high end upland/fly fishing markets.

Phaseolus

WKR
They aren't particularly pro second amendment. Check out their podcast where they are promoting a huge gun control supporter in Ryan Busse.
I’ve seen it. More importantly I know a few people who work there since I live nearby and I know what their values are.

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
Are you interested in coming on our Hunt Quietly podcast and talking about you company values?