Hunting suppressor

KU_Geo

WKR
Looking to by a Iightweight compact suppressor mainly for hunting. Looking at banish backcountry and TBAC ultra 5. Any one have a side by side experience with these two? Thanks

SCHUNTER73

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been reading so much about this same topic I’m cross eyed. The CGS Hyperion K also has my attention. Trying to find the right combo of weight, length and suppression.

Internet strangers LOVE spending other peoples’ money. I’m going to be the odd man out and say try the Harvester Evo. $500/$600 and super light and plenty good noise reduction. Don’t let anyone fool you that you need to spend more to be cool

I use the Harvester Evo with my .308, 6.5, and .300 win mag. It blows me away every time I use it with the .300 win mag. So good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SloppyJ

WKR
AB Raptor 6 or 8 stack with a 2 or 3" reflex. If you order now you can get their 22lr can for free (only pay $200 stamp). I have a Raptor 10 and it's amazing.

Bloodsoakedberber

Lil-Rokslider
Internet strangers LOVE spending other peoples’ money. I’m going to be the odd man out and say try the Harvester Evo. $500/$600 and super light and plenty good noise reduction. Don’t let anyone fool you that you need to spend more to be cool

I use the Harvester Evo with my .308, 6.5, and .300 win mag. It blows me away every time I use it with the .300 win mag. So good.

I have nothing else to compare mine to but have been satisfied with my Harvester Evo. I used it on my 308 to hunt with this year and have no complaints.

I have nothing else to compare mine to but have been satisfied with my Harvester Evo. I used it on my 308 to hunt with this year and have no complaints.

I’ve fired MANY others (I used to be a Silencer Shop dealer) and the difference is negligible. I’m convinced people claim to notice a difference just to justify the spending!

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’d get a scythe over either of the first 2 you mentioned. I’d still take a TBAC 7 over a scythe though. That’s just my personal preference.

Sevens

WKR
Have a Harvester EVO and a TBAC Ultra 5. Also have a Scythe-Ti in jail.

Would recommend against the Ultra 5. It’s just not that great if you’re spending any time with your rifle.

Harvester EVO is a nice and effective can, but 12 ounces and about 6.25” long. Since compact and lightweight are what you want and you’re willing to spend TBAC money, go for the Scythe. Remove the anchor brake and your at 5.75” but have all the qualities of a real suppressor.

The key to suppression is volume. Any of the short cans are not going to suppress as well.

I agree with the Harvester EVO recommendation. It is great balance between suppression, weight, and cost.

If you have a bit more to spend, then my list would be, in no particular order:
- Scythe Ti
- Hyperion K
- Raptor 8 with 3” reflex
- Ultra 7

bowhunter307

Lil-Rokslider
I've shot both the ultra 5 and 9 on my 300 wsm. Noticable difference. 9 all day, but 7 if somehow 2" makes or breaks being "too long ". 5 isn't worth it at all in my opinion.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
If happy to spend ultra 5 money, spend it on ultra 7 instead. 5's are loud

There are other cans I wouldn't talk you out of, but pretty much believe the U7 to be the best

Seeknelk

WKR
I really like the tbac dominus in ALL ways EXCEPT the dang barrel length restrictions. Im pissed I didn't look at that before hand. My main rifle for it is a 300 PRC and somehow that is slated with the 300 rum and the like at(iirc 26" maybe 24) and the 300wm is good to 18". Wtf, they are nearly identical. Both squirting 215 bergers around 2800-2900 fps depending on if you have fast barrel or slow barrel the wm can even be the faster one. I've had both and been around plenty of both. Must be some mathing I don't understand! 🤔😀. Im going to call them about it and see if they are for real since it's about time for a new barrel. Anyway, just watch for those restrictions on any can. Some have em, some don't.