Hybrid stock/chassis for Tikka?

kad11

WKR
Has anyone ever come across a hybrid stock/chassis cut for a Tikka T3x action? I don't think it exists, but I'd love to find something with an integrated folding stock that accepts standard Tikka bottom metal/ mags, is moderately lightweight and moderately priced.

So many features of a standard chassis would be wasted on someone like me who just wants to be able to collapse a rifle down and strap it to the pack when heading in 4-5 days before the season opens.

It's not moderately priced at all and uses AICS mags, but the MDT Hnt26 would be the closest thing to what you want I think.

I am right there with you... I don't believe it exists. I want a folding setup and the ability to run my tikka clips. I have looked at buying an XLR or a HNT26, but the clips keep me from purchasing one. Some may ask why... If I run the tikka clips I can swap a chassis between all calibers, instead of being stuck with a short or long action setup.

I don't think either of those are compatible with a folding adapter, and the Bravo is only aics or ctr for mags.
well good luck find something with a folding stock thats not a chassis and takes tikka mags. the only thing out currently that is folding will be a chassis that takes aics mags

ElPollo

WKR
Has anyone ever come across a hybrid stock/chassis cut for a Tikka T3x action? I don't think it exists, but I'd love to find something with an integrated folding stock that accepts standard Tikka bottom metal/ mags, is moderately lightweight and moderately priced.

So many features of a standard chassis would be wasted on someone like me who just wants to be able to collapse a rifle down and strap it to the pack when heading in 4-5 days before the season opens.
I think there was some talk about potentially making a folding RokStok on one of the recent Shoot2Hunt podcasts with Stocky’s, but that’s a long ways off most likely. I personally don’t think folders are all that useful. They add weight, change balance points, decrease strength and stability, and usually don’t improve ergos or make them worse depending on the stock. I’m also just not fond of carrying metal chassis.

I've thought of a way to make a stock detachable without folding. I'm not sure how hard it would be to make.

But it would essentially be a fitting that is sort of a twist lock mechanism installed on the grip. Two metal pieces that fit into each stock piece on the grip and the outside of the metal pieces are flush so they would basically be a part of the grip when connected. Insert the two halves at the fitting at a 90* angle, twist them 90* and they lock up with interference fit and possibly a small spring lever on the outside that snaps into a groove for a more secure lockup.

Someone please make it!

OP
kad11

kad11

WKR
well good luck find something with a folding stock thats not a chassis and takes tikka mags. the only thing out currently that is folding will be a chassis that takes aics mags
Yeah man, that's why I asked - I'm hoping there's a small company out there most haven't heard of working on something like this. Like some small Scandinavian or Kiwi carbon fiber stock builder.

I could see the Kiwis digging a lightweight, carbon fiber stock with a folding butt considering the crazy steep and thick stuff they push through to get to tahr country...

OP
kad11

kad11

WKR
I think there was some talk about potentially making a folding RokStok on one of the recent Shoot2Hunt podcasts with Stocky’s, but that’s a long ways off most likely. I personally don’t think folders are all that useful. They add weight, change balance points, decrease strength and stability, and usually don’t improve ergos or make them worse depending on the stock. I’m also just not fond of carrying metal chassis.
Thanks for the heads up on that - would be sweet if it came to fruition.

I agree that the ergonomics are probably superior on more conventional stocks, but I'd take the small footprint of a folder over those improved ergos for most of the kinds of hunts I'm doing these days.