I guess it's official... Finally signed up

OP
K

Kojote

FNG
Welcome, I worked in AK a lot over the years. Post pics whenever you can!
Yeah man...working on taking more pictures as there are many beautiful places, problem I have is that I probably went thru 4 cameras and at least double that in phones... For some reason they don't like water ;-)

Yeah man...working on taking more pictures as there are many beautiful places, problem I have is that I probably went thru 4 cameras and at least double that in phones... For some reason they don't like water ;-)
I hear you, years ago I was casting for silvers near Juneau and watched my backpack with my high dollar Nikon SLR go out with the tide. Total loss, but greenhorn lesson learned !

Cavendish

FNG
Howdy from the lower 48. Plan on making my way up to Alaska after my enlistment is up. Did a short time in Anchorage, didn't get to see much outside the city but loved what I did see. Know anything about the hunting in the panhandle? That's where I'd love to settle.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
Hello and Welcome.

I am not a cold weather guy, but this last year has made me long to be in your neck of the woods if you know what I mean. :D

Eddie

OP
K

Kojote

FNG
Howdy from the lower 48. Plan on making my way up to Alaska after my enlistment is up. Did a short time in Anchorage, didn't get to see much outside the city but loved what I did see. Know anything about the hunting in the panhandle? That's where I'd love to settle.
I tend to stay off of the peninsula for moose/caribou but have a bear hunt set the end of April. Hopefully, I'll have a couple of hams for the freezer and a couple hides for the taxidermist ;-)

Buck197

WKR
All of you Alaskans, I hate yall bad..Lucky bastards!!!
Welcome aboard, I THINK, I wish I lived up there.

OP
K

Kojote

FNG
Hello and Welcome.

I am not a cold weather guy, but this last year has made me long to be in your neck of the woods if you know what I mean. :D

Eddie
Yep, helped us solidify our plans ;-)
All of you Alaskans, I hate yall bad..Lucky bastards!!!
Welcome aboard, I THINK, I wish I lived up there.
There is no free lunch, you gotta work for it... But compared to others, it's a pretty sweet gig :)

Buck197

WKR
Yep, helped us solidify our plans ;-)

There is no free lunch, you gotta work for it... But compared to others, it's a pretty sweet gig :)
Yes sir. Had an offer to go with the Alaskan railroad out of fairbanks about fifteen years ago, and then turned on the weather channel one February morning, called em back an hour later, no joke, regretted making that call since.