I may or may not have...........................

I may or may not have had my whole skinned deer carcass lying on top of plastic in my kitchen for a couple days before it finally thawed out to the point where I could finally cut it up. It had been outside in -30 degree weather.

What are some of the things that you "may or may not have" done??

bsnedeker

WKR
I've had them freeze on me a couple times. I've got a small insulated "office" in my shop so I just move them in there and throw a space heater under it for a couple days.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

robtattoo

WKR
I may or may not have.... driven 2 hours to a new patch of deer woods, hiked in a half mile, selected a fantastic stand location, unhitched my climbing stand & got perfectly set up, only to realize my bow was at home.
Climbed down, hoofed it out, driven home, retrieved bow, hoofed back, climbed, sat, shot a deer, climbed down, gutted, dragged & loaded said deer, driven home all proud & swelly headed...... only to realize my bow was still on it's hook, 20 feet up the f*#$@&g tree.

robtattoo

WKR
Not me, but a friend of mine once spent an hour putting a stalk on a bedded hog. Got within 10yds & drilled it perfectly with his longbow. No movement.... second arrow, second perfect shot. He walked over to see what was going on & sure enough it was actually a bedded hog. Probably close on 220lb.

Unfortunately it'd been dead for quite a while before he shot it. Literally a skeleton & skin!

OP
6mm Remington
I may or may not have.... driven 2 hours to a new patch of deer woods, hiked in a half mile, selected a fantastic stand location, unhitched my climbing stand & got perfectly set up, only to realize my bow was at home.
Climbed down, hoofed it out, driven home, retrieved bow, hoofed back, climbed, sat, shot a deer, climbed down, gutted, dragged & loaded said deer, driven home all proud & swelly headed...... only to realize my bow was still on it's hook, 20 feet up the f*#$@&g tree.
OMG you win. That’s funny.

Legend

WKR
I may have....just once....been playing around with my bow grip. Got a little too relaxed and the bow slipped out of my hand at full draw! I promise you I will NEVER let that happen again. Wonder what the fps is on a hoyt returning to your face???

May or may not have shot 6 kids with a BB gun when I was 10. After school saw 6 older boys fighting my big brother on the street in front of my house. Ran inside to get parents. Nobody home. Reached behind door grabbed trusty BB gun. First shot hit kid swinging at my brother. People scattered. Nope, you still gonna pay. Back. Butt. Leg. Side. Those were where the next four got shot. All running. Last one jumped behind snow bank. Popped his head up for a peek then back down. Next time I was waiting. Held on spot. Sure enough he popped up again. Right where I was waiting. The BB bounced off his front teeth. Six shots six bullies. My BB gun was the original street sweeper. Brother never even thanked me but I got called in to the office next day at school..."So, how are things at home?" was the first question. Ha ha ha. 5 of the 6 had parents who were teachers!! All 6 later became my friends. We eventually all laughed about it.

Last edited:
Frickin brilliant!! Apparently we are distantly related!!

Drenalin

WKR
I may or may not have fallen asleep in a treestand and dropped my bow 15 feet to the ground below. Twice so far.

I may or may not have prematurely fired an arrow, missed a bag target, watched the arrow bury in the outside wall of my log cabin, ultimately cut the arrow off flush, and filled it with caulk to look like a small boring bee hole. My wife never noticed. Glad it wasn't a window.

Cutting trees down in the backyard...

There was a dead Norway Spruce that needed to go next. Stepped back, judged the lean. Walked up and cut the wedge out. Stepped back to look again. Yep, everything looks good, I thought to myself. Finished felling the tree, only to realize, as the tree was crashing down, I cut the live one down beside the dead one.

Couldn't believe I did it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Coming home from hunting camp in my Subaru Outback with 2 deer on the roof wrapped in a tarp. I had a bag of ice in each chest cavity. As the day warmed up the ice melted and mixed with the blood inside.

Every time I would slow down I had to turn my wipers on to clear the bloody mess from my windshield. Everytime I sped up it would run down the back window and down the sides.

I got a lot of looks on that ride and a few thumbs up from fellow hunters.

Been about 16 or 17 yrs ago my very 1st bow hunt..I may or may not have shot every arrow in my quiver trying to kill my 1st doe an hour into my sit..shooting a Mathews so only had 5 arrows to begin with....I got down collected all my arrows got back up in my stand and finally killed my 1st doe an hour later...

Last edited:

Drenalin

WKR
I may or may not have shot my first archery whitetail between the eyes. I had acquired my first compound after growing up snap shooting a recurve. I was watching this buck waiting for an opportunity to draw, he turned his head away, I pulled, he turned back, and I released. I clearly remember thinking of my pins and thought at the time that I had settled them on his lungs. I must have still been focused on his eyes though. I watched him run off with my arrow sticking out the back of his head, thinking, "What the heck have I done." The blood trail was 40 yards long, and the vegetation was covered in blood along both sides and from about eye level down to the ground. A happy ending, but a totally screwed up situation that taught me a lot.

Haggin

Lil-Rokslider
Rented a minivan (Chrysler T/C AWD to be exact) to go deer hunting when my wife had the truck that day moving horses or something. Reservation was for a truck, but they were "sold out" when i got there and she had dropped me off, so i was sorta stranded. I said gimme whatever that's all wheel drive. i did wrap the deer in a shower curtain to haul it. I turned it in with the rear seats still sitting in the second row.

MattB

WKR
I may or may not have left my bow at location A when packing to go to location B. And I may or may not have locked my keys in my car at location B due to the frustration I realized from leaving my bow at location A And I may or may not have had to smash a window to get into my car to get my keys, thus ending my entire hunting trip.

At least my bow was still sitting at location A when I went back to retrieve it.....