I need a hunting rifle

IBen

Lil-Rokslider
As a guide I get invited to hunt all over NA from clients and I haven’t really had time or a rifle to do it. I am going to have more time in the off season and want to start capitalizing on these opportunities as well as my own hunting. My bear gun is a t3x superlite so I’d like to stick with that model but its the caliber I’m having trouble deciding on.

My criteria:
Affordable to shoot
Fun to shoot
Lightweight
Preferably 22 inch barrel or less
I can reload but initially i’d prefer to buy ammo off the shelf
Large enough caliber to legally hunt all game NA (my bear gun is 30-06 if I intend to hunt grizzly)

Any inputs welcome.

Seeknelk

WKR
Tikka t3x in 6.5 chopped to 16" and suppressed works very well. 140 eldmurder killed my 14 yo daughter's buck at 475 and 10 yo boys first buck at 350. One perfect shot each. Suppressor is soooooo sweet. Has velocity with that bullet to upset out to 700 and the accuracy to do so. We aren't there yet and always work to get closer if it makes sense etc. Anyway...getting it cut and threaded was easy. It's the easy button. I used a swfa 3x9 and mounted in Hawkins 20 moa rings JB welded to the action. I would use the UM rings now tho.

OP
IBen

IBen

Lil-Rokslider
Tikka t3x in 6.5 chopped to 16" and suppressed works very well. 140 eldmurder killed my 14 yo daughter's buck at 475 and 10 yo boys first buck at 350. One perfect shot each. Suppressor is soooooo sweet. Has velocity with that bullet to upset out to 700 and the accuracy to do so. We aren't there yet and always work to get closer if it makes sense etc. Anyway...getting it cut and threaded was easy. It's the easy button. I used a swfa 3x9 and mounted in Hawkins 20 moa rings JB welded to the action. I would use the UM rings now tho.
How much did it cost to get chopped?

Seeknelk

WKR
How much did it cost to get chopped?
Its usually in the 150 range for a cut and thread. Before I did that tho I just lopped it off at 18" with my portaband saw. Just lightly made sure there was no burrs with a tiny file and it shot awesome like that. I was waiting for the suppressor but wanted to start to test loads at a similar velocity and they shot every bit as well at 16 with can.

MHWASH

WKR
Sent it to williams guns sights in michigan. With the service and cost of sights its about 200-250 bucks
That would make a sweet backup rifle. Especially one that is packed a lot and shot a little, in a hunting situation.

223 or 243 or 6.5 creedmoor you can shoot tanks or eldms from the 223 eldx or sst or 108 eldm from the 243 or 140 eldm from 6.5. Tikka as the rifle hands down.