I stopped by Bass Pro Shops on my way home yesterday. This is insanity!

Bluefish

WKR
Bass pro is one of the most expensive stores out there. Yes, powder is expensive now. No longer 25/lb. Same as primers are not 25/100.

The popular IMR powders shot up in price surpassing the price/lbs cost of the most popular Hodgdon powders. Ramshot jumped a lot in cost too. I managed to pickup 8lbs of H4350 1 1/2 months ago for $395 from Midway. It is $449 now. And yeah, Bass Pro prices are higher. But you have to factor in no hazmat and shipping if you can pick it up local.

Last edited:

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
That same IMR powder is still the same price today as it was in October 2022. Be sure to remember that Bass Pro will match prices on most items from most stores. Also, if you hold the bass pro credit card they’ll match plus reduce it another 5%.

OP
T

Torque

FNG
I started reloading back in 1970. Guess what we paid for components then. Vote smarter!
I started in the 90's. My father and I bought pallets of primers and powder when it was obvious Obama was going to become president. The IMR powders I posted pictures of, I saw for 2/3 of that price not 3 months ago. I think reloaders are being scammed. I agree, people definitely need to vote smarter.

Can someone explain to me how this is Biden’s fault? Seems to me demand outstrips supply and companies increase prices.

It’s not that he made our powder more expensive, but our dollars cheaper. His so called inflation control act did the opposite of controlling inflation. It flooded the world with extra dollars and his other policies, like curbing oil extraction, have hamstrung the economy’s ability to keep production of goods and services up with the increase in dollars.

Nothing is more expensive these days. Our dollars are just worth less.

OP
T

Torque

FNG
I do not feel we are being scammed. Nitrocellulose is in short supply. Alliant is ending production of commercial canister powders because of it.
I think it is a false shortage. Nitrocellulose is EXTREMELY easy to produce. You can literally make it on your stove top. The two wars that are going on are using, comparatively, very little small arms. Even considering tank an cannon rounds, the usage is no where close to large wars. During the larger wars, the supply side wasn't affected because manufacturers upped their production.

Fireflyfishing

Lil-Rokslider
I think it is a false shortage. Nitrocellulose is EXTREMELY easy to produce. You can literally make it on your stove top. The two wars that are going on are using, comparatively, very little small arms. Even considering tank a cannon rounds, the usage is no where close to large wars. During the larger wars, the supply side wasn't affected because manufacturers upped their production.
#profit

NRA4LIFE

WKR
I saved a few of the old empty cans of IMR powders from my early days, for nostalgia. I think one of them was $8.95. Primers were $10-11 per brick. I used to by surplus .223/5.56 for about $8 a hundred I think. Now glad I stocked up on 4350 a few years back when it was "only" $30 a pound.