Idaho draw

Anybody pull a bear tag? I drew 22 fall season. I have been in there during the fall and there was a lot of sign but also a lot of houndsmen. Its thick country so I'm thinking glassing will not yield many. Berries? Creek bottoms? Calls? I've yet to shoot a general season bear and I really want to capitalize on this hard to draw tag. Should I look into a guide?

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

jmcd22

WKR
That is one of the best bear tags in the state from my understanding. I was talking to a guy today that drew it as well. I personally haven't hunted there but since it is one of the harder hunts to draw, an outfitter might be worth it...just my .02.

bsteele

FNG
i run hounds over in that country and didn't pull a tag, if anyone is interested i would love to help anyone out in september, and be able to keep running my dogs. just let me know.

OP
Idaho_Potato
How does hunting with houndsmen line up with the guiding regulations? I assume we are both residents. It says the houndsmen must have a tag, does it have to be valid in the same unit? It's not clear to me.

bsteele

FNG
i am not a guide. so i couldnt accept anything from you, i have all the state licences to run hounds. the tag doesnt have to be valid for that area, just a a general bear tag that is for this year. it is a blast, i want to continue working my dogs into sep and hopefully you could experience a hound hunt ending in a tree or bay up. hounding is only in sep, so if we didnt find one you liked you would have all of oct for spot and stalk.