Idaho Elk 20A

GregB

WKR
Lol!!! The trip was a bust as you all said it would be. While it was a fun week away from life, I didn’t see a single elk! We busted our asses just to get them handed back to us. Learned a lot about what not to do and where not go. It rained a lot and snowed a little while we were there making things a little miserable. You can all bask in your glory of being correct. I’m a stupid newbie to elk hunting but I’ll be back real soon (in a new unit). Lol! Steep is an understatement for the Frank and we felt really handcuffed in many cases. On a positive note I caught some cut throat on the last day because I said F hunting and decided to go to the bottom and fish for a while. Thanks to everyone for any info and honesty. I learned a lot and can’t wait to come back!
Not the first won’t be the last, and next year when someone posts about hunting in the Frank and you give them your advice and they “yeah but” you can just sit back and smile.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Yeah, when they post up they've been hitting the bleachers and they're in top shape you can giggle to yourself and think "they have NO idea".

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bangarang

FNG
Well this thread just saved me about 9 days of cursing next year. Back to the drawing board.