Idaho falls area information

maverick351

Lil-Rokslider
Hello. Came from the Nampa area about 14 years ago to AZ. Absolutely hate it here and am finally getting to move back to Idaho. I have since changed my profession from Archery shop manager to bring a dump truck driver. I'm curious on any info on the trucking industry around Idaho Falls area as that's where the wife and family are deciding to move rather than back to Nampa

mike.adams.467

Lil-Rokslider
I don't know a lot about it but Doug Andrus trucking is big, and there is a massive truck stop, sales, repair site off I-15 near Idaho Falls. I suspect farming and the beer industry hire quite a few truckers.

nobody

WKR
Doug Andrus is big, as mentioned above. There’s also Cedarpoint Trucking out of Rexburg just north of IF, they had a fleet of like 40-50 trucks when I was living up there a few years back and worked for them a summer in college. They always had newer trucks (sub 300k miles on every single one, traded them in at that point), and had both reefer and flatbed routes.

Other than that, you could always drive for either Budweiser or Pepsi from IF.

CorbLand

WKR
Cedar point guys built the house I grew up in. Solid dudes. It was the last house they built before going to trucking only.

Idaho Transportation in Rigby.

HK contracting in Idaho Falls.

I don’t know who he worked for but my neighbor use to run wood chips to the food processing plant in Rexburg.

There’s an aggregate company in Rexburg but I can’t remember their name.

Simplot Soil Builders in Pocatello.

Conrad & Bishoff fuel distribution in Idaho Falls.

Last edited:
Systems Transport has a yard in Caldwell
Doug Andrus
Central Oregon Trucking might let you run out of Idaho

If you're running out of Idaho, the money as a company driver is going to be in Maxi running quad axle flatbeds.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Idaho Department of Transportation?

@mtnwrunner any ideas/advice?
We obviously drive dump trucks as well as operate other equipment. The majority of the winter, you would be in a plow truck.
ITD would for sure be a possibility and I would also think there would be lots if opportunities with local construction outfits in that area especially with the continued growth.

Randy

If you're interested in driving a coach the lab has a sizable fleet, as well as plows, etc. No idea if they're hiring right now.

WBrim

WKR
No help for jobs, but I’m jealous of moving to IF. My mom grew up just out of there, Ozgood. so that’s where my summers were spent as a kid on the potato farm. I could sure get used to the idea of living there.
Good luck!