Idaho Spring Bear

This may be a dumb question, but the pictures listed with the snowtel location aren't current, correct? Planning a trip somewhere around Stanley.
They are current, but really only down to the month. It's meant more for gauging through out the year.
You need this one to drill down on daily snow depths. Click on a desired site and find data reports and click on 30 day average.
https://www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/porta...iations=true&lat=44.351&lon=-113.472&zoom=7.0

sneaky

"DADDY"
Thanks, looks like the area is accessible, even with the recent storms
Define accessible. North facing slopes are still loaded, and more storms rolling through this week. Snowing right now in the Stanley area, especially higher. Lower elevations are open, but very little green up has taken place so far. Have to be very careful on what roads you take this time of year. Drifts are still very prevalent in shaded areas.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Define accessible. North facing slopes are still loaded, and more storms rolling through this week. Snowing right now in the Stanley area, especially higher. Lower elevations are open, but very little green up has taken place so far. Have to be very careful on what roads you take this time of year. Drifts are still very prevalent in shaded areas.

Main roads being open to some of the trail heads. South facing slopes in the green up phase. Is that not the conditions you are seeing?

I have a limited window this year, unfortunately. Trying to make the best of it. I hunt 48 for elk and deer quite a bit.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Main roads being open to some of the trail heads. South facing slopes in the green up phase. Is that not the conditions you are seeing?

I have a limited window this year, unfortunately. Trying to make the best of it. I hunt 48 for elk and deer quite a bit.
I live about 30min from Stanley and seeing very little green up here. I'll be out tomorrow checking a couple of potential bait station spots, but it's still early and the cool, cloudy weather has slowed green up. Cloudy and rainy here right now again, with chances of rain every day this week. I'll take the moisture over bears at this time.

kct802

FNG
Anybody know how things are looking north of sand point? I hunted that area last year around mid May and was hoping to hit it again this year during similar conditions? Thanks in advance

Picture taken Saturday 4-23-2022
Selkirks, priest lake in background
Normal for time of year.

Attachments

• 20220423_124110.jpg
    20220423_124110.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 20220423_123322.jpg
    20220423_123322.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 65
Does anyone have a beat on the snow levels in unit 19? Hunted there two years ago and we pulled a bear out of there, so I'm a little familiar with the area.

I don't see any active snotel information in the unit.

frank church guy

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have a beat on the snow levels in unit 19? Hunted there two years ago and we pulled a bear out of there, so I'm a little familiar with the area.

About 5000. The last month it keeps raining down low and snowing up higher. Been a welcome cool spring. Snow this morning around 4000 ft. Killing bears already. More moisture for the next week or so....

frank church guy

Lil-Rokslider

Also depends where you are coming from. Off the river or the other side

Looking for any real time pictures of snow in the Frank. Headed there in 2 weeks and trying to e scout lots of elevation options but it’s difficult not seeing any real time pictures with some elevation references. I was up fishing in Oregon over the weekend at 4500’ and got a little snow overnight. And the surrounding mountains are looking pretty solid above 7000’ I’m guessing. Of course all the north faces and shaded areas are going to stay covered until summer but trying to gauge ridges and south &west faces

Looking for any real time pictures of snow in the Frank. Headed there in 2 weeks and trying to e scout lots of elevation options but it’s difficult not seeing any real time pictures with some elevation references. I was up fishing in Oregon over the weekend at 4500’ and got a little snow overnight. And the surrounding mountains are looking pretty solid above 7000’ I’m guessing. Of course all the north faces and shaded areas are going to stay covered until summer but trying to gauge ridges and south &west faces
I've been scouting using some hikers Instagram posts. We are headed out Friday to the Frank to start hunting through the week. We are planning for snow to keep us at lower elevation

This may give you an idea. Be sure to check the time stamp on the top. There have a been a couple that haven't updated.
https://www.eye-n-sky.net/IdBackcountryCams.php

Bachto

WKR

Here ya go, airport/airstrip webcams. This is what I've been using along with the SNOTEL data.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Here's the current forecast for tonight and tomorrow
13a24b006f66e2c758157f82980663df.jpg

sneaky

"DADDY"
Another round of snow and rain forecast for the weekend again. I'd get on NOAA point forecast and get the forecast for your exact locations you're looking at

Another round of snow and rain forecast for the weekend again. I'd get on NOAA point forecast and get the forecast for your exact locations you're looking at

Keep that stuff going as long as we can! Gonna be a long hot summer.