Idahoans do not like out-of-state hunters

Everyone has interactions like this from time to time if you travel/hunt enough. Sometimes it’s from locals, sometimes it’s from law enforcement, sometimes it’s from other NR’s. That’s just life and people. I usually get treated very well out of state but I try to be incredibly respectful and nice. Big smile and handshake typically goes a long way. Chalk it up as a one-off and hope it goes better next time.

I think it's fair to say that this is not solely an Idaho thing. Territory wars are as old as the ground they are fought on. There was an interesting rolling stones article years ago about a popular surfing beach in southern Ca that was locally protected since the 60's. Any outsider that ventured into surf would be met with rocks and fists and ran off. Even the local police would reckon " you shouldn't have gone down there..." It was a whole gang structure where the older guys would sit back and encourage the juveniles to commit the offenses, as they were more protected from the law due to their minor status. The entire community was ok with running off outsiders until the hazing became violent enough to warrant legal action.
I am curious to know what plates the op was running around with, and why answering that question has been avoided?
I would venture to guess Ca?
I bump into multiple non res hunters annually and am still able to get away from them and harvest with some regularity. I respect anyone who is out there chasing dreams! heck I'll even help you out if you're not an @$$hole! 🍻

Just following the discussion , as portrayed by the TV shows the wardens that are part of the state police appear to be the most aggressive and the biggest pain in the butt.

Searching for some sort of validation online is hopeless, you should’ve learned how to navigate these social situations in high school. Age changes, people don’t for the most part.

Can’t say I’ve every ran into any nasty people in the backcountry… won’t be surprised when I do.

Swamp Fox

WKR
No joke... my local hunting grounds in Florida get overrun with non-residents chasing Osceola turkeys -- unfortunately, someone decided that these small, darker, quieter little devils can only be hunted here with very little public land to go around. Sucks.... but it is what it is.
That "someone" could be Breathmaker, but good luck trying to get in touch with him to provide your feedback ...

Rich M

WKR
So you just stop next to random peope to say hi? Why? Thats weird

Just because people dont give you a hug or kiss your ass, doesnt mean they "are truly ruining this amazing activity" christ you sound fragile, i get grumpy if I see a local boy in the canyons I hunt lol

You are hunting...not driving around the woods looking for new friends

Dare I ask what state your plate has on it?
Hunting is really going downhill. Shoukd shut it all down. Bring in the wolves and the bears and the govt sharp shooters if folks cant be civil or friendly. Youda thought he was in WY.

Lotsa assholes out there. OP doesnt sound like one.

dtrkyman

WKR
People are becoming bigger a holes in general, wanna run into some real douchers take up duck hunting!

I’m always friendly and rarely have an issue.

Some folks are just miserable regardless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deadfall

WKR
Eh... Folks like that, behave that way towards everyone. resident, non resident. Don't matter. It's themselves they hate. To lazy too do more then look for easy. Luckily nothing is easy, and all they ever gonna have is mad!

Kinda bummer. Then again it's kinda nice when folks cruising roads... I like it!