Idahoans do not like out-of-state hunters

NFokas

FNG
Most people move to Idaho to get away from people, The population has almost doubled in the last 20 years making it one of the countries fastest growing states.
A lot of people I know are at their wits end to find areas to hunt that aren't loaded with people add non residents to the mix and this leads to people being frustrated and not very neighborly.
Well that's the trick, isn't it? There aren't enough wide open spaces for everyone who wants to live alone in wide open spaces. Biggest threat to wilderness in this country has got to be people chasing it further and further out. Sooner or later people are going to have to come to terms with being around each other, or at some point CONUS will just be one giant suburb.

Had to buy more no trespassing signs this morning. Idahoans aint what they use to be.
Got to love the idahoan who has lived here for 2 years, telling the lifers to move back to california. Idaho use to be a state that allowed free thinking, not anymore.

I will say the Idaho State troopers love pulling over California plates. Been pulled over twice going the
speed limit on my way to Montana. Each time they just checked my registration, looked inside the truck and let me go. The last time the trooper asked me if I was smoking pot. I wasn't and I don't. He asked me when the last time I smoked pot was. I responded....30 yrs ago. He let me go on my way.

I just make it a point to drive the speed limit in Idaho.

Just looked inside the window and around. I didn't get offended as I respect law enforcement even if he
was "profiling" me as a pot smoking Californian....o_O. I wasn't worried in the slightest as I wasn't speeding,
I didn't have anything illegal in the truck.

Mtns2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
This day and age you need to be thick skinned. Be like a salesman take the good and shrug off the bad. I blame a lot of the negatives on social media. Bad influence of on people.

7mm-08

WKR
I will say the Idaho State troopers love pulling over California plates. Been pulled over twice going the
speed limit on my way to Montana. Each time they just checked my registration, looked inside the truck and let me go. The last time the trooper asked me if I was smoking pot. I wasn't and I don't. He asked me when the last time I smoked pot was. I responded....30 yrs ago. He let me go on my way.

I just make it a point to drive the speed limit in Idaho.
The appropriate response to that question about your marijuana consumption is: "I'm not required to answer that or any of your questions."

Smallie

Lil-Rokslider
People are becoming bigger a holes in general, wanna run into some real douchers take up duck hunting!

I’m always friendly and rarely have an issue.

Some folks are just miserable regardless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, if the OP thinks getting side eyed and some attitude on the road is bad it’s nothing compared to duck hunting. Try setting up in someone else’s “spot” and then they set up 60 yards away, shoot birds on your swing, shoot at birds going into your decoys, and Sky blast and rain shot on you just for the sake of you not getting a chance to shoot anything regardless of how they do. Then try to fight you once back at the ramp on top of it

Yes, if the OP thinks getting side eyed and some attitude on the road is bad it’s nothing compared to duck hunting. Try setting up in someone else’s “spot” and then they set up 60 yards away, shoot birds on your swing, shoot at birds going into your decoys, and Sky blast and rain shot on you just for the sake of you not getting a chance to shoot anything regardless of how they do. Then try to fight you once back at the ramp on top of it
I had a guide pull up in an airboat and drop clients off literally 60 yards away, all while we're flashing lights and hollering (after he shut engine off) at them. Zero birds that day for anyone but if there were we would've cut off those birds anyway with the normal pattern.

The appropriate response to that question about your marijuana consumption is: "I'm not required to answer that or any of your questions."
I respect law enforcement, but I enjoyed the look on his face at my response. He paused gave me my license back and said have a nice rest of your drive.

MNGrouser

FNG
I've never really run into much of an issue out west. It is interesting to see how people in the midwest act. I grew up in WI so I was raised to hate Minnesotans...then I married one. Ended up moving here. It is funny how often I call "back home" and have to listen to all the b!tc#!ng about Minnesotans. "If that is the land of 10,000 lakes, how come they have to come HERE to OUR lakes?" Yet none of them have problems coming up to fish Rainy Lake, Lake of the Woods or the Rainy River. The lack of insight, even from my own family, is impressive.

Sizthediz

WKR
I do still have my old Idaho plates from just a couple of months ago haha.
See you should have kept your vehicle registered in Idaho for as long as you can. It's done here in Florida ALL the time. !@#$ing New Yorkers and komifornians

Jimmy

Lil-Rokslider
I think most people have a little built in "Oh he's not from around here" in them. It's hard not to.

Then I usually look him over and find something to scoff at. "Look at his goofy hat, thats hilarious." Or "look at those clean clothes, who does he think he is?"

PanhandlePilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
The assholes in Idaho are assholes to idahoans too. God forbid you find Kootenai Plates in Shoshone County. The panhandle can be really bad, probably the worst area in the state from what I've experienced. Not sure why that's the culture as most people up around here are transplants somewhere along the line. Not sure if the heavy metal in the drinking water or if they're still mad about Ruby Ridge but there are some bad attitudes toward everyone.
That being said, there's a lot of good people around too, most around here just want to keep to themselves.