If you were starting from scratch, which daypack setup would you buy?

Shootinsurveyor

Well Known Rokslider
I use a MR Metcalf cause its what I have. It collapses down nicely and can haul anything I'm physically capable of carrying. That being said I would move towards any of the sizes of the MR Popup series. Tried one on and it felt perfect. Probably going to hurt carrying a heavy heavy load, but it wont break.

Northern-Nomad

What are the thought surrounding a pack like the Mystery Ranch Crewcab or (I think discontinued) Cabinet? Are there any real benefits to one of these style packs over say a Pintler?

Corey Paulsen (teamkabob)

Well Known Rokslider
Not one pack is perfect for everything.

Happy with my 3! Yes can’t have enough

Kifaru E&E
Kifaru Shape charge
stone glacier sky 5900

Tower

I absolutely love my Kifaru 14’r. It can compress really small, fit winter stuff, camera stuff or just a few things. It can handle 60lb no problem with a belt so it can pack some meat or a hide or something in a pinch. I’ve used mine for quite a few years now and continue using it every year.

It is a good carry on size too so no problems on airplanes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm considering the 14'r (along with the shapecharge, and HPG Umlindi) but was steering away b/c I thought it would be too large to be a carry-on with the 23" stays. Nobody has ever given you a problem with it as a carry-on?
I really like the ability to add belt pouches to the side for extra capacity.

SocalRoadHunter

I have a Kifaru Stryker xl and an exo mountain k3 4800. Can’t go wrong with either companies. Both comfortable empty and under a load.

cjdewese

Well Known Rokslider
I have a Kifaru Stryker xl and an exo mountain k3 4800. Can’t go wrong with either companies. Both comfortable empty and under a load.
These are the two I've been looking at, shot a deer 4 miles back this year and my current pack was brutal to pack out that much weight. Pack ended up around 95 lbs with an overnight camp on my back as well. Any issues with that kind of weight with either of these?

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cat fish