I’m not looking for honey holes but…

I really like that bar & restaurant in Albany, WY up in the Snowies. I don't know what it's called though. There's another one in Woods Landing on 230/10 that we always make a point to stop in at, even made a trip just to take the wife there. I like those people. Google calls it Woods Landing Resort, but it's just a bar & grill.

Was that two brothers place called something else a few years ago. i feel like it was but cant remember what it is.

we typically stop at the cooper landing brewery, burgers are awesome beers are good and they got a outdoor sandbox for the kid to play in.
I believe it was a BBQ joint. Before kids our spot was Gwin’s Roadhouse. Fish from 2-5 AM then hit up a Kenai Breakfast beer and a burrito. But their food fell off bad. We stopped at the brewery once. Have a good picture of our oldest bellied up to the bar with us drinking a root beer out of a mini mug.

We camp at Cooper Creek so Two Brother has been awesome to just be able to walk over.

feanor

WKR
"The Rusty Duck", Dexter, IA. About 40 minutes west of Des Moines just north of I80.
  • Outstanding burgers and mouth watering steak de burgo (rib eye)
  • Great sides
  • Be patient. Place is small and gets busy fast at dinner time. The owner, Brad, is great to have a drink with, and doesn't stand for rude or needy clientelle.
"The Dairy Sweet", Dunlap, IA. About 25 minutes east of the Loess Hills in Western, IA.
  • Tasty burgers, fries, cheese curds, and creative ice cream (Twin Bing and homemade cookie dough blizzards!)
The original "Quincy's" in Leadville, CO.
  • Whenever I'm within a hundred miles or so, I make a point to head up to Leadville to eat at Quincy's.
  • Outstanding filet and prime rib
  • Homemade desserts
  • Great prices!
  • Unique location and cool history
One to avoid that used to be very high on my list. "The Winchester" in Buffalo, WY. 20 years ago it was our go-to place when in the area. We stopped at the end of 8 day hunt in the Big Horns in the fall of '22, and it was mediocre at best. The place has changed owners several times in the last 10 years or so and has lost it's charm and outstanding food. I may try it again for nostalgia next time we're over there, but I will keep my expectations low.

A couple spots we like in Ft. Collins, CO.
  • "La Creperie & French Bakery" has a great breakfast menu and their baked goods are out of this world
  • "The Still Whiskey Steaks" has very good steak dinners, and our favorite appetizer is the "Meat Pile". They also have an excellent selection of mid-high end bourbon and will sell you entire bottles.
I’m actually heading through Dexter on the way to MN on Monday. I’ll have to check out the Duck!

Garden of the Gods Marketplace in CO Springs has the best eggs benedict and chai latte I’ve ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoTxShooter

Lil-Rokslider
Made a stop at the Bear Wallow Cafe in Alpine, Arizona when I had a Unit 1 tag in 2020. Everything was so weird during the early stages of Covid, but that place hadn't heard of it before, which was a very welcome sight! Good country folks in there visiting, eating, and drinking coffee. Felt like the clocks were rewound 50 years in that place. Really neat!

Mojave

WKR
Pagosa Springs. Lost Cajun has some decent coon-ass food. About as close to New Orleans style as you can get. Owner is from New Orleans, and gets supplies shipped in directly from New Orleans, like Leidenheimer french bread for po-boys.

The best food I ever had in camp was cooked by a cajun camp cook. Damn!

Mojave

WKR
Buckhorn Tavern- San Antonio, NM. Green Chile Burger

Just no!

I have probably eaten at the Buckhorn and the Owl over 100 times.

They are ok at best. $12-15 hamburgers are reasonably good, fries are nasty. When I was working at the Stallion Range they were the only thing within 40 miles for lunch. Edible at best, neither is worth the hype. Buckhorn has great staff, and is clean. With good bathrooms.

Owl is nasty, food is slightly better than the Buckhorn. It is a dank old 100 year old bar. Fries are the same.

The worst Green Chile place in New Mexico is in Hatch, it is Sparkys. It not only sucks, but the staff there sucks. It wouldn't be so bad if the food was good. But it is a New Mexico institution. We used to stop there on our way back to main post White Sands if we were too early to go to the Buckhorn.

Then we discovered the best Green Chile place in Hatch is the Circle K PicQuick in the gas station. Really solid.

Hnthrdr

WKR
I really like that bar & restaurant in Albany, WY up in the Snowies. I don't know what it's called though. There's another one in Woods Landing on 230/10 that we always make a point to stop in at, even made a trip just to take the wife there. I like those people. Google calls it Woods Landing Resort, but it's just a bar & grill.
They fed us a few times during the wildfire up there a few years back, good food!

Hnthrdr

WKR
Bud’s Bar in Sedalia, Co not too far off the beaten path but I could eat about 10 of those burgers, they are awesome

MTN BUM

Lil-Rokslider
Also would add a Mexican joint

Fiesta Jalisco in Craig, CO. It is opening new locations in a few CO places, so turning into more of a chain but still had dang good food last year

Mojave

WKR
Cloudcroft, NM

Rusty Spur very average non-New Mexico standard green chile cheese burger.

Pizza Place, decent pizza.

Wild Jacks or whatever his name is. Really good beef brisket. Line may be an hour or two wait. Not sure if it is worth it or not if you don't get the brisket. He uses post oak, and he claims he only uses salt, black pepper and garlic. You can recreate it at home if you have a smoker and 8-12 hours.

Bachto

WKR
I will admit it's not the greatest I've ever had but after a week in the backcountry the Antler Saloon in Wisdom Montana was hard to beat.

For my Washington folks:
Bron Yr aur in Naches is one of my favorite after a day in or weekend in the mountains.

SonnyDay

WKR
Before kids our spot was Gwin’s Roadhouse. Fish from 2-5 AM then hit up a Kenai Breakfast beer and a burrito. But their food fell off bad.
I worked at Gwin's for a bit a (long) while back. Agreed that things kinda fell apart over there after about '98.

I second Fiesta Jalisco in Craig. Food was really good, service was fast, and the margarita was large....