In case ya missed it...Deep state edition...

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
If they buried every thread that someone didn't like or agree with, there would be absolutely NO threads at all. There will always be someone that doesn't like or agree with the topic or discussion no matter what it is.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
The dinner table is the list of new posts. The shit smell is the off-topic, politically tinged post that unavoidably spoils the list. Let's put the pile of shit under a napkin to remove any need for charitable listening on your part. I still smell it.

"If you don't want to participate here, move on".

You make my point for me.

My comment refers to off topic posts in general, and specifically those that have nothing to do with our sport and also breed discontent. I just happened to post in yours. Many forums have a place for off topic junk that doesn't appear in the new post lists. I'm a fan.
I've pondered what protections a community needs from the negativity that circulates and surrounds these political motivated threads. I see more emboldened topics, more chest thumping, and more talking down, shouting out, instead of active discussion. Rokslide should be a haven from such actions not an incubator that breeds and spreads them.

Can you isolate a community from the influence of a few idealist members and topics? Of course. The question then becomes what's the cost to the overall community and can it be done fairly and equally with any bias? I find answer is within Rokslide's simple rules -- follow them and the community grows. Sadly a select few seem to continuously push the boundaries, it has not gone unnoticed.

Something worth pondering is are you posting more politics than gear and hunting? How much value does that bring to a community that IS focused on the later? Do you need to put your political passion into every post? Are you following simple common courtesy when interacting with fellow members?

Rokslide has many forums and sub forums, thousands of threads begging for your valuable perspective on hunting tactics and gear selection.

Fall is quickly approaching will we collectively shift focus on tags drawn and hunts planned, all the adventures taken? I truly hope so.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Too much individual bs and not enough hard work for the country!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Beendare

WKR
Hunters that bury their head in the sand need to face reality- politics is part of everything- like it or not.

My Bro in Law is a bury his head type guy. How is he helping our cause of guns rights, common sense laws, etc? He doesn't even vote.

The bury your head hunters are a huge problem for the rest of us. They get all the benefits........with none of the work.

______

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hunters that bury their head in the sand need to face reality- politics is part of everything- like it or not.

My Bro in Law is a bury his head type guy. How is he helping our cause of guns rights, common sense laws, etc? He doesn't even vote.

The bury your head hunters are a huge problem for the rest of us. They get all the benefits........with none of the work.

______
The question isn't if a DISCUSSION doesn't have benefits but rather is this the place to engage in it. This thread for example yes deep state exists but it's not a singular issue political idealistic promotion happens in all agencies and with both sides.
What I see lately is that these just get a bunch of fellows that jump in and agree to anything one side pushes and takes no account of any other information except what they already believed before even commenting. That is not a discussion that's a shouting match. Throw in a few dissenting comments and the dog pile quickly ensues. That's not what Rokslide is about

Last edited:

Beendare

WKR
The question isn't if a DISCUSSION doesn't have benefits but rather is this the place to engage in it. This thread for example yes deep state exists but it's not a singular issue political idealistic promotion happens in all agencies and with both sides.

If Rokslide isn't the place to get hunters engaged....what is?

How many bear seasons...or gun rights do we have to lose to get these "I hate politics"folks off their asses?

How do we get hunters to spend $50 a year to fight the anti hunters?

I'm all ears.

And I agree the deep state topic is constitutional .....though these cases start when one political party abuses the full power of the federal gov.

Rich M

WKR
To enter this thread - about deep state and to start defending deep state and expecting folks to jump onboard cause you got an article off CNN isn't using common sense.

Most people only get stressed out when their point of view is challenged. Part of being a mature adult is being able to handle that kind of stuff. The easiest way to avoid being offended and losing sleep is to read posts you know won't upset you.

Then we have the folks who say "I don't like it so you need to change it". Really? Censorship to fit political views... :unsure:

Rokslide does not have a political area, so General is as close as it gets. And Obama has a history with using alphabet agencies to do his bidding - remember the IRS going after the Tea Party and crushing it? Go figure he'd do other such things. I'm waiting to see if there are any actual penalties for this stuff. If there are not, then you know the whole thing is rigged and all are equal players.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Same people replying to these threads with exactly the same type replies as they did on the other political motivated threads.

How is this moving the needle one way or the other?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
What does a thread on deep state and raising and contributing money in opposition to anti-hunting have in common?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Most people only get stressed out when their point of view is challenged.

There's no reason at all to get stressed out when your point of view is backed by logic, reason, and facts. When people's point of view come from elsewhere, that's when they get stressed, upset, and/or offended because they have no good foundational basis to argue those. And we see this all the time, not just here........but in society in general, in politics, in life, etc, etc. It's pretty easy to recognize those almost immediately. It's just a chess game with an eventual check mate. But hopefully they at least learn something along the way.

Rich M

WKR
Same people replying to these threads with exactly the same type replies as they did on the other political motivated threads.

How is this moving the needle one way or the other?

It doesn't move the needle. There is no way to move the needle.

It provides an outlet and maybe a place to see what else we've missed for whatever reason.

Folks are very stressed by politics right now and by what they see as injustices. The folks against Trump are excited, the folks for Trump are excited. Folks in a number of states are still on lockdown with strong handed govt and police. It's a mess.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is there a single argument out there that would have you re-evaluating your opinion?

So your just looking for validation of that opinion from like minded individuals?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seriously?

Its vigilance. Our constitutional rights aren't "Free"

Same goes with our hunting rights......

_________
Vigilance? I would agree if outrage was applied equally. Seems it's only brought up when it's certain topics, when those issues affect a select group more than the other.

There's not a single answer to protecting American Constitutional rights, and while it certainly starts at the ballot box that's not a pick one and done answer either

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
There's not a single answer to protecting American Constitutional rights, and while it certainly starts at the ballot box that's not a pick one and done answer either

Vigilance is a good start because we're seeing more and more attacks against the Constitution, our rights, our freedoms, and our liberties than we ever have before. Just look at how many people were willing to give theirs up so quickly "for the sake of some perceived safety", just because of a virus. I think most people would rather live in a cage if it saved their life, than fight to protect what many have already given their lives for. The rest of us can't give in even an inch, because they'll take that inch and then some. Just look at the left from this virus.......they're already talking about "the new normal", and taking advantage of that. Well, that new normal will have stripped a large chunk of those freedoms, rights, and liberties away if we allow that.

Beendare

WKR
Vigilance? I would agree if outrage was applied equally. Seems it's only brought up when it's certain topics, when those issues affect a select group more than the other.

Look, the initial topic, Flynn getting railroaded- he did.

I would encourage everyone to ask themself this question; How long could you hold out against the entire federal gov coming down on you, locking you up, freezing your assets, threatening to involve your family if you don't plead guilty to a lesser offense, they bury you- guilty or not? Clear in. the Flynn case its political...thats scary.

The liberal progressives think its OK to bend the rules if it suits their politics, thats not the way it works. Now the Obama admin, DOJ and FBI should be held accountable.

FRANKLY, Folks that enjoy all of the freedoms we have in this country and don't do anything to deserve it by sticking their head in the sand ARE the problem.

______-

Last edited: